The Home Depot Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Home Depot Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.8

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dublin, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

You have to have it in good with the district team. There is a lot of back and forth before you are eligible to even start the interview process. Once started you walk on egg shells not to upset the district team.

Interview Questions

• Name one time that you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Easy questions. Very simple process. It was really easy. I loved the process. It was in Tucson arizona at the time. It was not as structured as it is today

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

consists of initial phone interview followed by several more then a online assessment
    very long drawn out process but the usual questions and how would you approach this situation and if you fit into there culture is usually a key one. At the end of the day it is a what have you done for me yesterday culture

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Miami, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Took forever. They don't give you much heads up. No preparation for the interview. Ridiculous questions that don't apply as usual to real world scenarios. Blah blah blah blah. They act like family is everything but your milked out till you break.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a perfect choice. What do you do for a store that has high shrink. How do you solve conflict between two Astana managers.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Very in depth with several interviews including but not limited to 1 phone interview and two face to face interviews. 1 with district staff and 1 with regional staff. Overall fairly basic questions just several parts to each question.

Interview Questions

• Difficult task that u were unable to complete   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

5-8 situation based questions. Tell me about a time, how would you handle this scenario? The primary interview was a panel interview with 2 people, one asking questions and one acting as the scribe.

Interview Questions

• How would you introduce yourself to your new team? How would you understand you new market?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Process was several phone calls, followed by an on-site interview. Upon arriving I fought my way thru all the picketing employees, and several security gates. I think it is safe to say it is a bad sign when you arrive at a company and most of the employees hate upper management and they just seem to laugh about it.

The big picture - no follow-ups, 60 day hiring cycle, cheap expense reimbursement, incompetent corporate HR department, Clueless management, junior staff- Home Depot was a real dog and pony show. My advice to top tech talent: stay away. It doesn't seem like they really care about candidates at all. I just don't think they value people. They probably wipe their butts with 500 candidates to get 1 worker. I would not suggest them to anyone in IT after my experience.

Interview Questions

• If I would work for 30% less than what had originally been offered. Of course, cheaping out was what got the company into the mess they are in in the first place.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kingsport, TN (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Very tedious. Phone interview with recruiter. Online assessment testing. Panel interview with Dist HR and DM. More assessment testing. Toughest interview I've had. Very detailed assessment and over 3 hours for final panel interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non existent

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

There was an open store manager position in the Atlanta area. I submitted my name through our HR and I was interviewed by our District Manager when I was an Assistant Store Manager. They needed help and I had the experience so I was offered the position. Now I am typing extra words to get through the process.

Interview Questions

• These were pretty standard.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Candidate selected first, then a series of "n+2" interviews are done, and then the offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations are done at a regional level. District and store level have no decision making ability

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.