The Hut Group UI-UX Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salford, North West England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hut Group (Salford, North West England, England) in December 2018.

Interview

It's a typically lame "good cop/bad cop" scenario from start to finish. If you read the Reviews it's clear THG are doing something wrong! Firstly I was kept waiting and had a soft intro with someone from HR who tried to reassure me all is ok? (I felt he was trying to convince himself he'd made the right decision to work for them not vice versa) Then I was introduced to bonnie and Clyde my interviewers. I don't have a problem with Management or senior staff younger than me AT ALL, I find their passion and drive inspiring, but when it goes to their head, it's time for them to go.

The interview was shambolic, textbook and had an aggressive 'why should we pick you're tone throughout. Dated tricks like simple, empty rapid fire questions, nothing about what I'd get out of the role, when I mentioned their legendary bad reviews it was just brushed off as sour grapes.

I live interviews, it's a time to meet potential team mates and get excited about working with them, I have no ego and pride myself on being approachable, down to earth and honest,
THG felt like the polar opposite.

I wish I'd checked Glassdoor before wasting £15 on parking

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.