The Institution of Engineering and Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Institution of Engineering and Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at The Institution of Engineering and Technology

2.9

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Institution of Engineering and Technology in March 2020.

Interview

It was a good process. the recruiter was helpful and was understanding. It was a telephonic interview. It was a pleasant experience overall. Being optimistic and knowledgable helps. Please be prepared for the interview as well

Academic Accreditation Logistics Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Institution of Engineering and Technology (Stevenage, England) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was booked initially as a face to face for end March. Due to lockdown I was contacted and asked if I would be happy to do a virtual interview. They explained the process very clearly and sent me links which worked very well - I think we were all a bit nervous due the situation as everyone was suddenly working from home. The 2 members of staff were very friendly, accommodating and understanding even when we had a few glitches with internet connections.

The interview consisted of initial virtual introduction via video call along with the explanation of the admin task to be completed. Completion of the admin task offline in 2 separate parts and then a final interview via video call. The whole process took approximately 2 hours.

Event Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Institution of Engineering and Technology (Stevenage, England) in February 2020.

Interview

HR very quick at replying to emails to organize the interview and were very pleasant and helpful. The interview itself was mostly competency based questions (e.g tell me about a time when... tell us an example of when you did this... etc) which I think is very old school style process. I had asked in advance what type of interview it would be so I was able to prepare answers. The interviewers were very open and honest about the company and what they can offer. They made me feel at ease and were friendly. They were quick at getting back to me, offering the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Institution of Engineering and Technology (Stevenage, England) in November 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed by my current manager and another manager in the department. They were both kind when I got in my interview and I didn't feel nervous. The asked me what I understood about the IET and the job role, then how I would be a good fit for the role. There were then some standard questions about the role and why you would be good for it.

Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Institution of Engineering and Technology (Stevenage, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Good, calm and friendly. Clear about what they wanted and allowed me to show what I could bring to the company. There was a broad range of professionals at the interview panel and the remit they spoke about was open

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company   1 Answer

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Institution of Engineering and Technology (Stevenage, England) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was conduced with firstly a little task to complete. It wasn't anything majorly hard, they asked for some research, then followed by a interview with 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions asked, including how have a dealt deadlines in my previous roles, have I got any experience I can put forward that will support my application.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Institution of Engineering and Technology (Stevenage, England) in March 2019.

Interview

It was straightforward. The usual talk us through your C.V and why you think you're suitable for this role.
    Make sure to mention the Values/Mission/Supporting Behaviors as this is predominant in the workplace.
    Be yourself; this is a very people focused organisation, so a positive, friendly, enthusiastic approach is a huge positive in the interview.
    It's difficult to know everything about the IET as there are so many different avenues/projects/activities we are involved in. But try to understand the main basic functions and obviously everything specific to the role you are applying for.

Best of luck if you are interviewing here, it's worth the time and effort it takes to research and prepare for!

Interview Questions

• The most difficult aspect of the interview?   1 Answer

Meetings and Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Institution of Engineering and Technology (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

1 30 minute interview with 2 senior members of staff, followed by an hour interview with 2 team mangers. I then waited 1 week for an outcome, which i felt was standard procedure. I was kept updated throughout the whole process and was made to feel very comfortable in both steps of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Please talk to us about your CV and past experiences in the event industry.   1 Answer

Features Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Institution of Engineering and Technology.

Interview

Applied for the job online by applying through the IET website, sending over my CV and cover letter. Received an email from the recruitment administrator 3 weeks later about coming in for an interview. Got feedback about the job less than a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you possess that are relevant to the job?   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Institution of Engineering and Technology (Stevenage, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Very swift and easy. Following my application, I attended an interview which was of reasonable length and difficulty. Interviewing panel were very relaxed and at ease and made me feel comfortable. Advised of outcome within 1 day which was good.

Interview Questions

• About my current experience and how this would be relevant to the role.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.