The TJX Companies, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated 21 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 803 of over 803 interviews

Interviews at The TJX Companies, Inc.

Positive64%
In Person16%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

The TJX Companies, Inc.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The TJX Companies, Inc.

Interview

First interview was through Hirevue. It was around 10 questions and wasn't that difficult. Next step was taking the Raven's Progressive Matrices test which wasn't that bad either. I got to the first round of final interviews which was a "case study." It was more allocating polos. We worked individually at first then went through it again with a group while recruiters watched. After this group case study, I never heard back. The most disappointing part of this interview experience is that I am pretty confident that they gave the spots in the program to current TJX employees, even though the job posting said for "recent graduates." I felt misled.

Interview Questions
  • What other jobs are you applying to? With what companies?
    Answer Question

The TJX Companies, Inc.

Application

I interviewed at The TJX Companies, Inc.

Interview

Quick, easy and thorough. They were very pleasant on the phone. Overall, it was a very good experience and once of the better interviews that I have had. All of her questions were fair and had relevancy to the job.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions that most retail associates would be able to answer.

The TJX Companies, Inc.

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The TJX Companies, Inc.

Interview

Handed in a form with my availability and personal details, had a brief interview over the phone which they then invited me for a proper in person interview. Finally I had to complete a scenarios quiz.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The TJX Companies, Inc.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The TJX Companies, Inc.

Interview

Recruiter screen. Hiring manager interview after. Was not offered the position but pleasant experience. Feedback loop was efficient and clear. Interview was fair and questions were not overly difficult. Prepare but prior experience can lead you to most answers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The TJX Companies, Inc. (Flemington, NJ)

Interview

The interview process was very easy. It seemed like a simple “get to know you” conversation. They are looking to make sure that you will get along and follow directions, along with helping customers as needed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The TJX Companies, Inc.

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The TJX Companies, Inc.

Interview

I think they have unrealistic time lines for their interviews. I gave other interviews and received offers while TJX took their sweet time to get back. 1.5 months to interview and evaluate a candidate is extremely insufficient in today's time. I felt confident throughout. However weeks worth of work was disregarded with a rejection email after the final interview. Beware prior to applying that its extensive and can be a long wait. Interview breakdown simplified: 1) Video Interview with behavioral questions and a ratio based question 2) second interview: one on one interview with the HR contact 3) Final interview included a case study sent 2 hours prior to the interview. The interview was a combination of random behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions
  • Why TJX? Tell me about yourself? How would you allocate umbrellas? How would you allocate Kate spade bed sheet with given data

The TJX Companies, Inc.

Application

I interviewed at The TJX Companies, Inc.

Interview

The interview took place in the store. The store manager asked a few basic questions about prior experience, relevant skills and interests. It was a fairly easy, low-stress interview. The interview was conducted in a nice way where I felt comfortable and welcome.

Interview Questions
  • What retail experience do you have?

The TJX Companies, Inc.

Application

I interviewed at The TJX Companies, Inc.

Interview

It went very well it was a very casual conversation with a panel of people. I felt very comfortable and welcomed. I would recommend interviewing with this company to others.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The TJX Companies, Inc. (Framingham, MA)

Interview

I went in for an interview on-site that at most lasted 30 minutes and by the end of the day I received a call from the HR affiliate that worked with my university offering me the position!

Interview Questions
  • The interview was super straightforward - we just discussed my resume qualifications (prior experience and how that would benefit me in the position) and why I was particularly drawn to TJX as a company!

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The TJX Companies, Inc. (Sydney) in Jun 2021

Interview

My interview was good. Almost everyone was friendly and receptive. I got offered the job in the end and I am really happy about that. Interviews are not always easy, but this one was quick and I got a response very soon after.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 803 Interviews