The Virtual Call Centre Network Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at The Virtual Call Centre Network

1 Interview Review

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Virtual Call Centre Network

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Virtual Call Centre Network (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

The whole experience I felt was quite unbearable and unpleasant, the first and hopefully the last I will have to endure. It started off as the interview calling exactly at 1900, then having to ask me if he could call back in 2 mins to relocate himself from his office to somewhere private to suit his current environment due to a contractor working within his premises, I thought it was strange but agreed.

When he officially started the process, I could hear from his tone of voice he seemed exhausted or fed to be on the phone (quite irritable). I chose to ignore it and continue with the interview I had eagerly and waited to have all week. After he introduced himself and the introduction of the company, he then went on to ask if I had the following equipment and able to attend the training. My answer was yes to all, however I had a question regarding the training and how it was conducted as I added that I have two young children who I take care of majority of the day, Hence the reason for this application towards the job role and its flexibility. He made a professional suggestion towards attending the training catering from 9-1pm in later August start date, I thought this was a good suggestion.

He then went on to ask if I had any questions so far, which I did. I asked the following questions :- “How is the holiday structure conducted, answered you just inform the brand when you intend to be away. I also asked the question as I had an element of confusion regarding the platform fee. As I was led to believe that companies required a minimum of 15 hours per week which I would incur a $40 platform fee per month. However the interviewer stated you have a choice of not working a month which means you would not incur the platform fee. I asked for clarity regarding this and I was met with a hostility constant interrupting while I was speaking and quite demeaning attitude for the remaining interview time.

After the awkward silence he then went on to ask about my previous experience within a call center and experience with dealing with client complaints. I explained my previous role as a Hotel Health Club and Spa Manager and that we are constantly approached with difficult clients and situations so problem solving had become second nature to the job. I then went on to explain my experience within what we classify as a call center within the hotel industry (Central reservation Center) where we are approached with constant calls, mine in particular to the spa department and my time spend there was majority and the rest on site within the spa. The interviewers response was at this point increasingly noticeable with demean as if to say, is that it?. He then speedily came to the end with the words do you have any more questions if not we have two more people to see and will let you know mid next week. As this point the questions that I did have in mind I thought not to bother as the overall impression I received from someone who supposedly strongly represents the company was a complete negative one.

I would like to make it abundantly clear that I myself have the knowledge, expertise and experience within management. I have conducted many interviews in the past, both telephone and in person and never would I have expected to experience such a poor conduct of professionalism. My reasons for approaching the advertised job role is due to being a full time mother of 2 trying to find a appropriate solution to work around and still earn a sufficient working wage. I felt this whole experience was very distasteful, I would not normally spend time detailing an account of the experience but due to the excitement, interest and research spent on the company as it would of suited my current lifestyle. I do not look to gain anything personally from this as I am no longer interested in joining what I thought was a highly reputable company, however I would not wish for others to experience what I had gone through hence my reasons for this direct correspondence.

Interview Questions

• What Call Centre Experience do you have?   2 Answers
  • Do you have the corret equiptment to start up remote work.   1 Answer
  • Can you attend the training hours and dates?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.