Interview Question

Assistant Teacher and After School Care Interview

-Newark, OH

YMCA

The interview questions were all "describe a time when this happened to you, or describe a time when you have done this". There were about 10 questions. 1.)Tell us about yourself. 2) Describe a time when you were put in charge of something, like a project. 3) Describe a time when you had to talk to a parent about something bad. 4) Describe a time when you were talked to by a manager about a poor performance, and what came of that conversation 5) Describe a time when you had to discipline a co-worker. 6) Describe a time when you had to discipline a child and how did you handle it. Sorry I don't really remember the rest, but if I do I will add them.

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

3 Answers

I had previously worked in customer service for 6 years and was manager for the last 3 of those, so I just used my experiences from that job. My advice would be: Be calm, friendly, and just be yourself. They really just want to see that you are friendly, kind and that you will be a good fit with the children and the other employees.

Anonymous on

Hi! How long did it take for your location to tell you, that you got the position?

Anonymous on

It took about one week, but that was because my interview feel the week of Christmas.

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.