Thomson Reuters Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thomson Reuters Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

After I applied online, I received an email requesting I perform a taped interview. 10 questions, and they would record your answer. You can utilize the practice questions they give you beforehand, but once you begin the interview, it will begin recording and you have up to 3 minutes to answer each question and cannot re-do your answers. About 1-2 days later, I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview was about an hour long and he did not have scripted questions. It was very conversational which I enjoyed, but definitely keeps you on your toes - you will definitely want to have questions prepared ahead of time. About 3 days later, I was asked to come onsite to meet with the team I would be working with. I was onsite for about 2 hours. I met with the hiring manager first, then shadowed other account managers. I was informed by the hiring manager that the team would have the final say as to if I would be extended an offer. The communication between HR, the hiring manager, and myself was always open and timely. Overall, this was a good experience, even if I hadn't been extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what a typical sales cycle looks for you?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had any experience working with a CRM?   Answer Question
  • Tell me what proactive activities you've performed when communicating with clients (can't recall exactly how this question was asked, but they were looking for numbers as to how many outbound calls, emails, proactive prospecting activities, etc. were done each week to be productive)   Answer Question

12 Apr 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview conducted by HR while in-person interview was with by 2 individuals (manager and another account manager). Overall time was 45 minutes. Both individuals took turns at asking me some basic questions regarding volume management, what I can offer in this new role and so forth. I did a little research on the company history prior to the interview.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed by phone with 2 people, one was a manager. Then interviewed in person with management and with head of the department. Had to do a mock sales situation as part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Mock interview where management pretended to be a customer   1 Answer

3 Aug 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time and feedback on your interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of four phone interviews (HR, hiring manager, hiring manager's manager, and an individual who worked closely with my manager's team) and an in-person presentation.

Interview Questions

• The series of interviewed included typical interviewing questions (tell me about yourself, why Thomson Reuters, what interests you about the position) as well as questions related to the specific position that tested my knowledge of the industry and what my impression of the position duties was, etc. For the presentation, I was given a fairly broad scenario and asked to present on it. This presentation took place in person with several individuals in the room and several individuals conferenced in remotely.   Answer Question

22 Mar 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have been with us since 2013!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

Hired through referral. Two interviews by hiring manager that took over a month to get an answer. Things move slowly in this company. Culture very conservative, not creative. Interviewed Hard working team, really enjoyed my co-workers and their perspectives.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Thomson Reuters move very fast in the interview process which is good. First contact to offer was only 2 weeks. I had two interviews with the manager of the team and then the director and human resources manager. The interviews were quite good in terms of not drilling you with questions after question, it was more of a casual conversation about the role, myself and the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you right for this position?   1 Answer

5 Oct 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2009.

Interview

Following my application, I initially made a couple of interviews with HR manager and Country Rep. Thes interviews were aimd of evaluating my background, general questions with regards to my resume. I was selected to the short list and then I made a final phone interview with Country Manager. The interview questions were about my achievements, my personality as well as about my plans if get the job.
    be preperaed to classical interview questions like describing yourself, strengths, weakness, achievements.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2008.

Interview

N/A

Interview Questions

• How do you consider being successful and what steps do you think you need to take to be successful   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

2 stages, 1 competency based, 2 presentation.
    fairly simple process, nothing too unique about it.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

friendly and informal interview process, multiple face to face and telephone calls with a number of senior managers. mainly competency based questions and analysis of historic performances in previous roles.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.