Thomson Reuters Associate Publishing Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Associate Publishing Specialist

Thomson Reuters Associate Publishing Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.9

Associate Publishing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Taguig (Philippines)) in August 2019.

Interview

There's an assessment process, then an interview with the HR manager, and then there would be a panel as the last interview. If they see you as a potential hire, they will let you in a brief presentation of what your day to day job will look like. It is called 'Candidate Connect'. The interviewing managers are welcoming and genuine.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience learning something new? (nonverbatim)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Associate Publishing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in July 2019.

Interview

Five 30-minute exams (grammar & sentence construction, writing, coding, proofreading and verbal) and two interviews (HR and panel) all in a day. If you pass one exam, you move on to the next. You have to be detail-oriented.

The panel interview went a lot smoother than I expected. The hiring managers weren't intimidating.

I started at 10am and finished at 5pm.

Days later I was invited for the last step of the recruitment process which is Candidate Connect. I couldn't make it to the given time and wanted to reschedule. There was no reply.

The next day they called to tell me they accommodated other applicants since I wasn't able to come. They told me they would re-endorse my application to different hiring managers and should they deem me fit, I'd be invited for another panel interview. No call back until now.

Interview Questions

• 5 words that would make us remember you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in April 2019.

Interview

I received two interview invitation, rejected the first one but after two weeks, got another invite from the HR department. We conversed in LinkedIn and had my (3-5 min) phone call interview after a day or two.

Initial Assessment was scheduled at 9am on a Friday, consists of tests which went on until 12nn. The HR informed me the next step - Initial Interview at 1pm.

Initial Interview was with a HR personnel. They'll test your speaking/vocabulary and thought process skills. After that, you'll be asked questions related to your CV. The HR told me if I had time to do the final interview with hiring managers and I said yes!

Final Interview at 3pm, it was a panel interview with 2 managers. It was a fun experience overall because the interview wasn't as nerve wrecking and awkward, it was full of laughs and encouragement.

On Monday, I received a text from one of the hiring manager inviting me for "Candidate Connect" the same day but I had to reschedule it on Tuesday.

The next day, we discussed about the job tasks and job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself (that isn't in your resume)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in April 2019.

Interview

It is the most difficult interview I have ever been. The questions are very difficult making it sure to screen and sort only the best applicant or the one who really fits for the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficulties with your colleagues?   1 Answer

Associate Publishing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in March 2019.

Interview

Two thumbs up for the speedy application and interview process! I got a response less than 24 hours after I submitted my candidate profile and resume to them. From the phone call interview to the job offer (on the 3rd day), everything went fast and smooth and everyone I met was easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was quick and fair and showed how well the company valued their prospective employees. A candidate connect between manager and future employee was held before the job offer discussion to ensure that the employee would understand their job and workload. Adequate time was given for the prospective employees to submit the required documents for employment after the contract signing. Everyone involved in the hiring process was accommodating and friendly.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

5 Apr 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Associate Publishing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Contrary to initial beliefs, the role has nothing to do with publishing. It's more on coding.

The whole process begins with a grammar test and a BUPLAS Writing Assessment (Google it). You will also write emails responding to clients' queries in a very limited time. Next is the coding test. Don't sweat this out too much because Reuters will provide a guide anyway, and it's things you probably know from high school.
    Take note that each step is progressive. You will be sent out of the room once you fail a step.

The tests are fairly easy, the interviews, not so.
    The first interview is from the test facilitator. Expected salary, job experience, do you know about coding.
    The 2nd interview is from HR. There will be a reading test and a monologue. You only have a minute to review. Afterwards is an interview. Tell me something interesting about yourself. Talk about a mistake you did. If you're willing to stick to their training bond for a year lest you pay P50,000.
    3rd and supposedly last interview with Hiring Managers is nerve-wrecking. They will grill you on what you know about the job. They, cause it's a panel interview. They will base off things you said from the interview awhile ago for you to expound. Such as the challenges you overcame.

That supposedly is the last interview before the Candidate Connect, but they questioned me about my knowledge on the Job Description. I had initially thought it would be good for the line of publishing but it isn't.
    They recommended me for another interview with other Managers, and sadly I didn't make it because the job is not in line with my career path. I wish they had properly informed though, even if the awkward atmosphere gives away the fact that I won't make the cut.

Associate Publishing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

I had a written and preliminary interview , later was called for a one on one interview and asked about my skills mentioned on my resume and few related questions

Interview Questions

• How will you ensure the quality of your work meets our business standards?   Answer Question

Associate Publishing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Taguig (Philippines)) in October 2018.

Interview

It was long, slightly challenging, but manageable if you keep composure. The test part where they tested my intuition, how I manage customer queries/requests, and other grammatical skills was enjoyable to do as it was slightly challenging yet interesting at the same time.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to do an extemporaneous speech about a certain topic I selected from their given options.   Answer Question

Associate Publishing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Taguig (Philippines)) in August 2018.

Interview

Same process with what others posted here. All interviewers were really nice. They mostly asked questions that would help them know your work ethics. I noticed that most employees were youthful.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

4 Sep 2018 – Sr Recruiting Systems Analyst

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign up here: https://goo.gl/BHq7zC. Thanks again for the feedback.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.