Thomson Reuters Correspondent Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thomson Reuters Correspondent Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

3.2

Correspondent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview went well. There were a couple of general market questions to test my knowledge of the market, plus questions about my experience. And there was a written test.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing really difficult or unexpected. It was pretty standard   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

I was called to an interview in the then-headquarters of Reuters in London and asked about my experience and asked to do a writing test which took less than an hour.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

9 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters this year!

Correspondent Interview

Interview

Written test then telephonic interview. Written test included writing earnings reports, current affair. It was about 3 hours long. Then a telephonic interview based on my understanding of business news and my skills to overcome challenges

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

4 May 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you have any questions, please reach out to your recruiter and/or hiring manager.

Correspondent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a Correspondent position at a different Reuters Bureau. Applied through the internal hiring system by reaching out to the hiring manager and making my interest known. Also prepared by talking to other correspondents in the target bureau to ask them about how things function, and what the hiring managers look for in prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• My story ideas and suggestions to improve coverage in the sector I had applied for   Answer Question

15 Feb 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Very informal, it was basically just a sit down discussion. I was asked some basic financial terms to make sure I knew them, and about current geopolitical events. The staff were very friendly.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

22 Jun 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Correspondent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Contacted bureau chief about the open position and chatted about the main stories for that country going forward. Sent cover letter and resume to bureau chief with a copy to the regional chief. Interview lasted about an hour.

Correspondent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Kolkata (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

Asked about general news knowledge, news judgement; asked to edit and rewrite some news article during a written test. tested mathematical ability with some high-school grade math questions. asked about recent business news that mattered to a particular kind of investor and why. asked about past experience. asked to write essay on a broad topic - travel, hobbies etc.

Interview Questions

• which sectors are important for a certain geography and which are not. why and how do i develop coverage on those.   Answer Question

25 Jul 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have been with us since 2012!

Correspondent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2010.

Interview

Interview Questions

• If you could run a story with only one official (political or financial) who would it be? Why? And if you had one question to ask what would it be?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.