Thomson Reuters Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thomson Reuters Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Basic interview 3 stages

Starts with a Video interview (most applicants get weeded out here)
Followed by a 30 min phone interview
 Lastly an on-site interview in the office you are applying for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

just one round of interview, fairly technical. The team was interested in understand any analytical skill based of my experience. Not very outgoing people but very positive. overall a good place

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

29 Aug 2018 – Sr Recruiting Systems Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Culver City, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Started with a 45 minute phone screen. The interviewer asked me some conceptual Java questions and gave me a logic question to solve. Then he asked me some basic resume questions and some SQL questions.

Afterwards I got an 1 hour in-person interview with 4 of the engineers there. They went over my resume and asked some basic behavioral questions. They were super nice and were more than willing to answer any questions. Then they gave me one medium difficulty technical question to solve on the whiteboard, and then gave me a follow up to that question that was much more difficult. They were definitely more interested in the way you approached these problems rather than the actual solution.

Overall they were pretty organized and I had a good time interviewing with them. I ended up declining the offer to accept a more competitive one.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

4 Jan 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign up here: https://goo.gl/BHq7zC. Thanks again for the feedback.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Stamford, CT (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was put into contact with the head of HR from a personal connection. I had a brief phone call with HR to make sure I could work full-time during the summer, and then had an hour long in person interview with my manager.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is the most pressing economic issue of 2017?   Answer Question

21 Sep 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

2*30 minutes back to back very nice interviewers but you need to understand what kind of people they are looking for. Communication which I don't think a key for long term development.

Interview Questions

• Why TR?
      Why MAP?
      What will you do in uncertain situations?
      What did you do when you were in leaning curve?
      What are priorities and challenges for TR?
      Where will you be in five years?   Answer Question

24 Feb 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign up here: https://goo.gl/BHq7zC You can also sync your LinkedIn profile and see which jobs match your profile. Thanks again for the feedback.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It took about 1-2 weeks till they replied and scheduled for an interview. I did not get the offer but my friend got to the 3rd interview round. The job seems to be like a phone call/ customer call for solution. Not remarkable.

Interview Questions

• explain how to solve a problem if the printer does not work   1 Answer

13 Sep 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which match your experience and skills. You can sign up here: https://jobs.thomsonreuters.com/ You can also sync your LinkedIn profile and see which jobs match your profile. Thanks again for the feedback.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Incredibly disorganized and unnecessarily elongated...

I applied to the company in the beginning of June, and heard back maybe a week after I applied. The recruiter set up a phone interview and asked basic behavioral questions. I didn't hear back for another two weeks, even though I emailed asking for an update. When I was finally scheduled for a panel interview, I went in and witnessed a lot of disorganization. The room for our interview wasn't booked, and we were hoping from place to place looking for a space. Furthermore, though it was supposed to be a panel interview, I only interviewed with one employee, and waited for the other employee to get our of her meeting. Eventually, she interviewed me, but talked more about herself than presenting me with any substantial questions; it came off as curt and disrespectful. I just felt a lot of disorganization from the company and was disappointed that a company with this much clout could have so many missing pieces behind closed doors.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

16 Aug 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the individuals involved to ensure this doesn't happen to others. Please email us at recruitingops@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will take the appropriate action. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Brookfield, WI (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a general behavioral interview where they spoke about my resume and projects I had listed in my resume. I had shown interest in 3 different roles and so different people from each of those teams interviewed me. It was a pretty relaxed interview. They asked a few OOPs related questions, but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• It was a general behavioral interview where they spoke about the projects in my resume. They also asked a few OOPs related questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Portland, ME (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and in person interview with a manager and director. They were both enthusiastic and happy to answer any questions I had. I liked how comfortable I felt during the interview as well.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

5 Oct 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked with them at a University Career Fair about software engineering internships. Gave them my resume, and was emailed a week later to do a phone screen. The interviewer was nice and easy to get along with, and I thought I did pretty well, but after about a week they declined to have me in to do an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Define and describe the difference between an interface and an abstract class.   Answer Question
    • What are some methods of the string class. (C++)   Answer Question

8 Dec 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters along with your time, participation and feedback on your intern interview experience. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.