Thomson Reuters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2,073 Interview Reviews

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Interview

submitted my resume online after seeing linknedin post. Phone screen with recruiter first, then in person interview with future manager. also spoke with a few other account exectutives in my territory

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Very quick and detailed. The hiring manager was very responsive and communicative. There was a phone interview and two in person interviews. I've interviewed for a former role and did not get the offer, but with this hiring manager the process was really quick.

Marketing Director Interview

Interview

Spoke with HR for a screening, and was asked to speak with the hiring manager. A member of my immediate family passed away and I asked if I could postpone the interview for a week and a half. They said yes. I came back to them with my availability a week later, as I was busy with funeral arrangements. HR didn’t respond. I wrote again and they informed me the role was filled. There were three different HR people involved in the process which was also confusing.

Job well done team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your marketing experience.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Finance & Accounting Intern - had a phone screen with the finance & accounting manager. Interviewer was very friendly and engaging during the interview process. I told them that I won't be at the career fair so they scheduled a phone interview since I was selected.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)).

Interview

Applied online, HR contacted me to schedule an initial phone call a few days later. The night before the call the recruiter sent a questionnaire to fill out regarding my experience/projects. I did not have time to complete this on short notice and offered to complete it by the next day. This apparently upset the HR person who was abrasive and condescending on the phone. She grilled me with various generic questions for a few minutes before ending the call without bothering to ask about my experience related to the role. Received a rejection email a day or two later.

Interview Questions

• Describe what Thompson Reuters does   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by multi-stage in-person interview at divisional headquarters. The process was as I'd expect for a position at this level, and everyone I met along the way was nice and easy to talk to.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There was an initial interview with the recruiter, another follow-up interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally an interview with the senior director

Interview Questions

• Asked questions related to previous experience, knowledge, capabilities   Answer Question

31 Jan 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied in mid-October. Had an initial screen with HR about 2 weeks later. Invited for a in-person interview in early December.

The 2 interviewers were 15 minutes late. The interview consisted of a technical skills test comprised of several case studies. They wanted to know what strategy I would use for different clients. Gave them the benefit of the doubt for being late and I left with an overall good impression of the interviewing managers. They seemed to know their stuff.

2 weeks later I was invited back for a 2nd interview with a different manager who would have been my direct superior. He was also late for the interview and seemed unprepared and disinterested in the interview. His communication style was awkward and he simply read off a script. Had a hard time picturing myself working for him.

Was told they were looking to move quickly and would have an answer by the end of that week (mid December). After hearing nothing I figured I didn't get the position. Finally in mid January I got an email from HR (the third HR rep that had communicated with me about the position) saying the hiring manager had decided to go with another candidate. But from how long the process was (3 months), how disorganized it was, and interviewers being late I think I dodged a bullet

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

31 Jan 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will follow up on this. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI (US)).

Interview

It was long and very informal. More conversational than an interview. Almost felt like they were going through the motions because they already had someone internal lined up for the role.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

22 Jan 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. If you would like to provide us with additional feedback, please email us at human.resources@tr.com. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon.

Tech Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Includes a tour, shadowing of current employees, mock call scenario and an in depth screening of your abilities and work history. Make sure to accentuate your accomplishments. You will be seated with two members of management. Be prepared for lots of “describe a time” scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had an experience with a difficult customer. What steps did you take resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.