Thomson Reuters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2,104 Interview Reviews

2.8

Manager Interview

Interview

The process was smooth and easy. A bit of delay from the human resource department. Many rounds. The interview was more like a discussion as expected for experienced people. From interview to offer there was a significant delay. Otherwise everything was good. People were friendly.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Basic resume and technical questions. had a behavioral interview at a career fair than an on-campus interview at their twin city office. The final interview was with two team members and mostly resume based questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

While some job interviewers take a fairly unusual approach to interview questions, most job interviews involve an exchange of common interview questions and answers (including some of the most often-asked behavioral interview questions). Here are some of the most common interview questions, along with the best way to answer them.

1. "Tell me a little about yourself."
    If you're the interviewer, there's a lot you should already know: The candidate's resume and cover letter should tell you plenty, and LinkedIn and Twitter and Facebook and Google can tell you more.

The goal of an interview is to determine whether the candidate will be outstanding in the job, and that means evaluating the skills and attitude required for that job. Does she need to be an empathetic leader? Ask about that. Does she need to take your company public? Ask about that.

Law Proposition Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Pre-Screening, First Round, Final Round. Met with different levels of employees on the team and had lots of opportunities to inquire about a day in the life of someone in the role.

Interview Questions

• Almost all behavioral questions, no cases or case questions   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Interview

One in person interview. Fairly straightforward. I received a call shortly after the interview with their decision. Overall, it was a very positive experience. The interview process was definitely fine.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (McLean, VA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Very smooth and straight forward. The hiring team was affable, professional, and responsive. It did take a while to hear back after applying, but that’s totally understandable given the current exceptional circumstances.

Interview Questions

• A mix of resume-based questions and behavioral ones. Just be well prepared and have positive attitude.   Answer Question

21 Jul 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters team this year!

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I applied online after which I got an email where I had to record answers to about 5 questions. After that, an HR rep contacted me to set up a final interview. During the final interview, I found my interviewer to be pretty rude. He would cut me off while I was talking and didn't seem to pay attention to what I was saying. He also just seemed bored during the process. So overall I did not have a good experience. The HR reps were nice though. But I did think it was rude to send a generic automated rejection email to candidates who got to the final round of interviews.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

11 May 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email me directly at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and one of our recruiting leaders will reach out. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

submitted my resume online after seeing linknedin post. Phone screen with recruiter first, then in person interview with future manager. also spoke with a few other account exectutives in my territory

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

9 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. If you would like to provide us with any additional feedback, please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards. We look forward to hearing from you.

Marketing Director Interview

Interview

Spoke with HR for a screening, and was asked to speak with the hiring manager. A member of my immediate family passed away and I asked if I could postpone the interview for a week and a half. They said yes. I came back to them with my availability a week later, as I was busy with funeral arrangements. HR didn’t respond. I wrote again and they informed me the role was filled. There were three different HR people involved in the process which was also confusing.

Job well done team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your marketing experience.   1 Answer

15 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Very quick and detailed. The hiring manager was very responsive and communicative. There was a phone interview and two in person interviews. I've interviewed for a former role and did not get the offer, but with this hiring manager the process was really quick.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

15 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're so glad that you have decided to join the Thomson Reuters team!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.