ThoughtWorks Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ThoughtWorks Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at ThoughtWorks

3.4

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I had 3 rounds total- 2 behavioral and 1 technical. One behavioral was in person and the other was over the phone. The technical is like a case simulation.

Interview Questions

• given a case and you have to figure out the requirements   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ThoughtWorks

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

Interview

Went to some TW event to get a feel for the culture and people. Liked the vibes and applied online. Scheduled an interview call. The time/date happened, and I didn't get a call. The next week, the recruiter emailed to reschedule, saying that something had come up during our interview. Moved on to the next round, which was a case question. Was supposed to hear back from the recruiter, but at this point --I felt like I couldn't trust him to follow through. This experience was very unprofessional and made me not want to pursue this conversation with TW.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what you're looking for next.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks.

Interview

After filling out their questionnaire, which was very different from other interview processes I've come across, I had followed up a couple times and finally got a phone interview 2 months later.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks in October 2014.

Interview

Interview through Skype-like software, and it was broken on ThoughtWork's end. It was embarrassing for me and them, bad start to the interview. Ended up being phone interview, which was really bizarre - they asked me questions about what social justice or injustice meant, if I knew the 3 pillars of Thoughtworks (me, someone being in web development, did not see the three pillars because it looks a lot like a current web design trend. If you take a look at their pillars, notice how the one on the far right is red? And the part about technology is not? Yup, I find that particular detail very telling of the company), what does oppressed groups mean to me, what it meant in to be oppressed in the US. When I told her that to me oppressed groups for me meant human rights violated people and gave examples around the world, she was very dismissive and told me, "ok but those are things that are happening around the world, what about oppressed people in the US?" What on earth, did she just dismiss the human rights violations of the world in favor of "oppressed" groups in the US?

Position wasn't really what I wanted but I was interested in the company and the new business analyst role touched upon my field. I just didn't feel like they were looking at my abilities as an ux designer, and more of my political/social justice warrior front. I do civil hackathons and projects all the time, so I was excited that they seemed to want social justice warriors in technology, but I fail to see how any of their products reflect that? I see that they do some stuff on the side but it's not really related to the company...

Kicker was the salary of the business analyst position - well under half of my current offers. I left the phone interview confused and upset that I wasn't able to showcase my abilities as a UI developer and the fact that those suffering in the face of corruption in South Africa, Middle East, or North Korea were dismissed for the problems of gay people or those without medical care in the US. Yes both suck, but you can't tell me that people going to concentration camps in NK compare to coming out in the US. The interviewer also never went into detail and rattled these questions and came off as very pretentious and judgmental if my answer didn't agree with her viewpoint.

No thank you ThoughtWorks, never again.

Interview Questions

• What does social injustice mean to you? What does oppressed groups of people mean to you?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

I first met ThoughtWorks at a University career fair. The next day, I was sent an email invitation to come to a group interview at the office later that very week. We were given a tour of the office, and then given the Wonderlic Test, followed by a logic test that they created to test how you are able to think like a computer and logically.

Two weeks later, I was sent a coding assignment to do. I responded by telling the recruiter that I was interested in a BA role, not developer, and I was instead sent a rather lengthy but interesting questionnaire to fill out.

A week after submitting that, I was given another assignment asking me to come up with a list of questions I would ask clients for whom I'm planning a vacation. Then I didn't hear anything for about 3 weeks.

Three weeks later, the recruiter scheduled a phone interview with me, after which she invited me to a final interview day (7 hours) at the office. At that interview, we started the day with an activity with the other candidates to learn how Agile works, and they observed us. After that, we had lunch with some employees. Then the candidates were split up, and gave presentations that we had been told to prepare to fake clients, with two TW observers (be prepared for curve balls in this presentation). Then I had an interview with the two observers. Then I had two 2:1 interviews, and one 1:1 interview with a VP.

I thought the day had gone really well, but the next week I was informed that I hadn't gotten the job. I did not get much feedback on why.

Interview Questions

• Do QA on this pen   Answer Question
    • Imagine you get the job. One year from now, you decide that you want to quit - why do you want to quit?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

I first spoke with ThoughtWorks at my University's career fair. I was intrigued by what I learned about the company and how the vibe they gave off at the career fair. I'm also a liberal arts major interested in going into the tech sector (and possibly grad school for a tech degree at some point). Because they hire all majors and matched my interest I submitted my resume to the recruiters at the career fair.

I was contacted a couple of days later by phone and invited to attend a group presentation and assessment at their headquarters in Chicago. I attended the event with about a 1/2 dozen other candidates. After a presentation and tour we took several exams: math, logic, and flowcharts. I did quite poorly on the exams, specifically the programming/flowcharts portion. I'm assuming that is the main reason I was not invited back for an interview.

Overall it was a good experience that introduced me to new possibilities for starting my career. Although they say that their process is unique I have since found that every aspect of it (including the steps I was not invited to) are very similar among a variety of tech and non-tech companies. This is not a criticism but an observation in hindsight. I was disappointed that ThoughtWorks took so long to contact me after the company visit to let me know I had not bee selected to move on in the process. This came after the recruiter told all candidates, unsolicited, that everyone would be contacted by a specific date regardless of outcome. This did not happen. There were also some other aspects of the process that made them seem disorganized and absent minded. If the opportunity came to apply again I would pursue it.

Interview Questions

• complete a flow chart exam.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

The questionaire was a fun exercise to go through. Answering questions like "create a short story (100 words) with the title Red Hat", made it fun to show individualism. Environment seemed like a great place to work for.

Interview Questions

• You are a vacation consultant preparing for a meeting with your new clients, César and Ana.
      They want you to design and organize a dream vacation for them. Take no more than 1 hour to
      write a list of all the questions you would need to ask them during the meeting in order to make
      their dreams come true!   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (Coimbatore (India)).

Interview

The interview process was great starting from the first recruiter call till the offer roll out. The panelists were really friendly and easy to approach. The recruiter informed regarding the interview details in advance which helped me plan to commute to the office. Before every interview round I was given a gist of what to prepare and the expectations. After every round of interview I was told about what went well and what needs to be improved. This helped me to prepare for further levels. The interview was not like a traditional Q&A session but more of checking the thought process of the candidate. More of real time problems were discussed during the phase of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Case studies were given and approach to the case studies was reviewed   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks (London, England).

Interview

I had 4 interview

1. TP interview with the recruiter just asked the basic questions on my experience
    2. TP interview with the BA head: Asked many questions on my experience and how I handle some situations.
    3. F/F interview with 2 BAs: not a good experience as BAs were asking questions to trap you and get wrong answers
    4. F/F interview with 2 workers : was ok. we discussed some day to day questions

Interview Questions

• describing experience based on real time scenarios
      case study in the last interview and simulate a requirement gathering session   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ThoughtWorks in January 2020.

Interview

First up was a phone screen with a recruiter. Then there were 2 in-person interviews. The first was a culture fit test, talking about hot political/societal topics. Then there was a case study.

Interview Questions

• Case study on growing a stagnant business that is in a small country and wants to go global   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.