Thoughtworks Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,054 of over 1,054.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting16%
Recruiter15%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

What people are saying about Thoughtworks

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thoughtworks (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

The process started with a referral. As I understand, this does not give you priority over others. The interview proceed in five stages: 1. Initial call from a recruiter 2. Pair programming session 3. Technical interview 4. Cultural interview 5. Leadership interview Every interviewer was really empathetic and listened more than talked. Nobody felt like they were out to 'trip me up' or judge me like in previous companies. The stages are now described in more detail. == 1. Initial call from a recruiter == The recruiter will invite you to book a time slot for a call. We talked about my experience, my job expectations and administration details like my notice period, right to work status and salary ballpark. Very pleasant, it felt like I was just talking to a mate. The conversation felt authentic, two-way and I did not feel treated like 'just another lead' as was felt in some other processes. == 2. Pair Programming Session == A pair programming session was scheduled to assess my collaborative and development skills. You take the driving seat while another person observes over Zoom. You are given a link to the code base before you start so you can spend some time to get familiar with it. It is presented as a full scenario with a simulated customer and some user stories to work on, although access to the user story was only available to me during the interview. Here they are looking for development practices rather than problem solving skills. Seeing how you tackle problems more than what is accomplished, there was no rush to the session. ThoughtWorks, being known for its agile software development approach, is naturally looking for somebody practicing TDD and continuous integration. Also somebody who is able to pair effectively, through talking through code as it is written. Again, very pleasant and I learnt a little about the programming environment. We took little breaks and talked about pets while having some coffee. == 3. Technical Interview == Next was a technical interview. There was relatively little material going into this one so I felt anxiety. I was concerned that it might go into a detail or require a problem solution I was unprepared for. The actual interview didn't require any problem solving but was more of a deep dive into my experience. There were many tough questions to qualify that I knew what I was saying. We diagramed a bit what the architecture was like in my previous projects and I was encouraged to critique it. It was a far more stressful experience for me compared to the previous interview, but I can appreciate that the purpose of the session was to stretch my ability and see what expertise and thinking I could lend. == 4. Cultural Interview == The cultural interview was a chat with two other ThoughtWorkers to assess whether I could fit into the ThoughtWorks culture. The chat was structured with a series of card with questions on. They were seeking to reveal my ability to: reflect on past experience, show empathy and appreciate issues of diversity and inclusion. This was not so stressful and I don't think it has to be for anybody. If you be yourself, express your opinions and be tolerant of others. == 5. Leadership Interview == To my relief, after having felt nervous about the technical interview outcome, I received a request to meet one of the leadership team at ThoughtWorks. My interview was with a 'head of delivery' who forms part of the project-specific leadership, more specialised to project management as I understand. It was supposed to be a general chat about wider questions about the company. Most of it was driven from questions I had prepared about how the company structure works and what sorts of clients were being engaged with at the moment. Again, as with all others, we had a great chat. I learned lots as we talked about company culture and to what extent organisations can change through consulting. == Concluding Thoughts == This was maybe the 9th interview process I've had in the industry. It was undoubtably the most rigorous and the longest yet somehow only moderately stressful and the process I have learnt the most through. I would recommend it to anybody, because I think even if you don't get an offer you are guaranteed to learn something.

Interview Questions
  • (In reference to an architecture diagram) why was this boundary put here?
    1 Answer
  • Why was this queuing system really required?
  • How is the interface segregation principle applied?
4 people found this interview helpful

Thoughtworks

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Thoughtworks

Interview

There are three interview parts. First, a short phone conversation where you can ask questions and they can see what positions you will be a good fit for. Second, a coding interview where you will do Test Driven Development and Pair Coding. Finally, there is a talk about social responsibility.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any questions? Do you have experience with Agile Development, Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Java, or React?

Thoughtworks

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thoughtworks

Interview

The interview was done via zoom. My interviewer asked me questions relating to my previous job role and experience. She made me understand that the company gives opportunities for growth and diversity.

Interview Questions
  • they asked me to introduce myself How I handled pressure in my past employment

Thoughtworks

Application

I interviewed at Thoughtworks

Interview

totally into the online medium and prtedictable by the studenally into the online medium and prtedictable by the students also and the questions were as we wantts also and the questions were as we want

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thoughtworks

Application

I interviewed at Thoughtworks

Interview

Very long with multiple rounds. All interviews were at least two people and lasted about an hour or so each. Last interview was all day on-site in their office. Everyone was cordial and accommodating, interviews were casual

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Thoughtworks (São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo)

Interview

O processo de entrevista foi bem longo, com 5 etapas entre entrevista inicial por telefone, com RH e área técnica. Durante todo este processo, não houve abertura quanto a salário/benefícios. Tive que ir várias vezes na empresa conversar não só com gerentes/supervisores/RH, mas também com pessoas que seriam meus "pares" caso passasse no processo. Esses "pares" se mostraram estressados, sobrecarregados com a empresa e o trabalho, e por isso foi bem estranha e desagradável essa conversa. Após conclusão, não houve nenhum retorno da empresa quanto aos candidatos não aprovados. Para uma empresa que disse ser preocupada com pessoas durante todo o processo, achei que isso seria o mínimo.

Interview Questions
  • Existe uma entrevista específica com perguntas sobre diversidade e inclusão. O que vc acha sobre diversidade e inclusão nas empresas? Qual sua opinião sobre o sistema de cotas?

Thoughtworks

Application

I interviewed at Thoughtworks

Interview

It was a HR interview and I was asked to upload a video with the answers to the questions I received from thought works through mail. All the questions were general and it was easy to answer

Interview Questions
  • If you were to be added to a crayon box as a new colour what color would you be and why?

Thoughtworks

Application

I interviewed at Thoughtworks

Interview

Overall the difficulty level is above average. The interviewers are friendly . The initial aptitude test is easy and coding is moderate. Then in the technical round they dug deep into the basic topics liks OOPS, DBMS, Network etc,

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Calcutta

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thoughtworks (Calcutta)

Interview

Interviewers were so much polite and supportive to us. They patiently listened to our answers and encouraged us to do better. As 1st interview of my life , I was tensed but they calmly listened to my every answer and cleared my doubt if I had any with their asked questions. I enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Introduction, favourite subject, basic coding questions and puzzles
2 people found this interview helpful

Thoughtworks

Application

I interviewed at Thoughtworks

Interview

The first round was a hackkerank test which had aptitude and code evaluation MCQs and Coding questions. The second round was a code pairing round where 2 people from the thoughtworks team give a problem statement and help us in coming up with a working solution. The next round was Technical interview and then the HR round.

Interview Questions
  • The question in code pairing round was doctor appointment booking system.

Thoughtworks

Application

I interviewed at Thoughtworks

Interview

Got referred and then got a mail from HR asking to schedule an initial discussion. Initial discussion scheduled. Got a mail for rejection with even without an interview. Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,054 Interviews