Time Etc Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Time Etc

1 Interview Review

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Time Etc (Birmingham, England) in May 2017.

Interview

After applying online for the role, I booked in a time for a phone interview with Jane Reading. She was attentive, concise and very engaging. Although I was quite nervous she did put me at ease and it went successfully - she booked me in to attend a face to face with Kirsten Glaze the following week.

Initially this began with a 10 minute "ice-breaker" - on one side of paper I was requested to draw my hobbies and a brief overview of myself, the other I had to make note of the qualities of a good Account Manager. After discussing this, we went through my experience, CV and generally what attracted me to the role. Like Jane, Kirsten was a very good interviewee - engaging, polite and it felt like a very good interview process.

What has soured my experience is a few things. Although didn't get an offer (understandable as from the conversation with Jane there was a LOT of interest in the many roles based in the office), I simply received a rejection email - in my opinion, if you go through the effort of interviewing face to face a phone call is common courtesy. It's not the most pleasant task of course...

As part of the rejection email, they state the following - "if you know anyone that you think might be interested in our role, please ask them to send me their CV." That's quite a kick in the teeth and incredibly cheeky to ask someone who you've said no to; even if the email does say "we never say never"...

I understand that there is no perfect way to turn-down a series of candidates (as well...it's rare a company of time etc's size has the manpower to do so). However, it's the small things that can ruin an experience. If they did get back in touch to make an offer I would decline.

Interview Questions

Time Etc Response

15 May 2017 – CEO

Hi there,

Firstly, many thanks for your interest in Time etc and for coming in for an interview!

It seems as though your experience was quite positive until we let you know the outcome by email rather than by phone. I'm sorry that this left you with a poor view of your experience.

I have taken your feedback seriously and have requested that our team contact all candidates that have taken the time to come and meet us face to face by phone to explain the outcome.

Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.