Time Etc Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Time Etc Interview Questions

Interviews at Time Etc

2.7

Virtual Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Etc.

Interview

I applied online and completed a lengthy application consisting of responding to written prompts, and multiple choice questions. Some are your basic questions, what kind of virtual assistant experience do you have, etc. After you complete the first application, you will most likely get an email instantly with a link to complete your VA profile (which includes uploading a photo of yourself, completing your bio, providing your PayPal email for payment, etc). Keep in mind no one actually reviews your application until you complete this profile step. After completing the profile, you are advised to wait up to 5 days for a response as to whether or not they'd like to hire you. I am currently waiting to hear if I got the job or not (I will update once I find out).

Interview Questions

• Your client isn't happy with the work you've submitted, what would you do/how would you respond?   1 Answer

Virtual Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Etc in October 2019.

Interview

Colossal waste of time.

I had to complete an online application form that took 1.5 hours.

I then had a 'final stage' Zoom video call that lasted 1 hour.

I was rejected as 'they have too many people employed'.

This makes no sense, as it is like saying that you advertised for a role that doesn't exist.

Why waste candidate's AND internal time on such a redundant process.

It is simple - if you don't have vacancies, then don't put people through a lengthy recruitment process (and a convoluted one, at that).

To be blunt, the person that interviewed me sounded semi literate. I'd say the decision makers are questionable, for a number of different reasons.

TimeEtc said I would receive an outcome within 24 hours after the interview, yet they didn't even bother to let me know the outcome.

Appalling experience from start to finish!
    And worse still - for a job that pays £11.00 an hour?! I am paid TRIPLE that from my other clients, and i didn't experience any of the unprofessionalism mentioned above with them.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Virtual Assistant work?   1 Answer

Hi,

Overlooking the fact that you’ve felt it acceptable to call Amy, a valued member of our team, “illiterate” - I’m sorry to learn about your experience - we’ve tried to contact you to discuss as we’d love to improve the experience - the reason you were given doesn’t sound correct (or something I’ve heard being said in the office) so I’ll investigate this.

Junior Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Etc.

Interview

I closely matched the job requirements, so applied online.

I was e-mailed a questionnaire by Jane Reading.

The very next day, before finding time to complete the form, I received another e-mail from Jane saying that they'd decided not to take things further.

I expressed confusion and asked for feedback, but my e-mail was completely ignored.

I later saw them repost the same advert with "junior" removed, but at a higher salary and requiring LESS experience than the junior position. Utterly confusing.

Furthermore, e-mails addressed me by my first name's initial, so the recruiters can't be bothered to take the time to write your name. Rude.

Overall, unprofessional and they clearly don't care about applicants - would advise people not to apply/get mugged off.

Interview Questions

Time Etc Response

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you didn’t like your experience with us, we learn from all feedback we’re given, so thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately in this case you didn’t meet our requirements for the role.

We do care about candidates a great deal and try to do our best to give everyone a good experience - sometimes we don’t succeed but we are willing to learn and improve.

With regards to addressing you by your initial - I believe we were simply using the same format that you used yourself in your email application, so apologies if our attempt to address you in the same way was considered to be rude.

Client Happiness Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Etc.

Interview

Telephone interview, then a chat with managers, then a more formal interview with the CEOs.

In my first interview, I was asked what year I left high school, which to me, personally screamed "we need to know your age". The rest was pretty easy, and the interviewers were polite and interesting to talk to.

Although everyone was very kind, I had a negative experience interviewing at the final stage. One of the interview questions was to tell the CEO about my childhood, asked very directly- which I found inappropriate and potentially distressing for some candidates- although for me I didn't mind answering. It felt more like I was being psychoanalysed than interviewed for a job. Personality tests are quite common in interviews, but I found this way of outright asking uncomfortable and unprofessional- after all, this was not congruent to the job role at all.

I was not offered the role, but I was left a voicemail rather than given a phonecall to tell me that they decided not to choose me as they felt the role would not be fulfilling and wouldn't give me the progression I wanted. I appreciated their honesty.

Overall the interviewers seemed very nice but I found some of the interview tactics intrusive and inappropriate- my advice to the interviewers: I would try to use less obvious tactics in a more fluid conversation to find out the answers to the questions you're posing to a candidate. But I did appreciate the time and experience.

My advice to a candidate: it's all about personality and I don't believe past role experience comes into this type of role at all.

Interview Questions

Time Etc Response

Hi

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

I’m sorry that you felt me asking about your childhood was inappropriate - it’s intended to be a simple question to learn more about who you are.

As well as assessing your experience and skill set part of the interview process is about getting to know you on a more personal level, and starting with your background is a really good way to open things up.

Thanks for taking part in our interview process - I’m sorry we had to say no.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Etc (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Telephone interview, very quick 10 mis, just to discuss your skillset and why you want to be a virtual assistant. Very friendly and warming. Quick decision given back by email.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think working from home suits you?   1 Answer

30 Oct 2019 – CEO

Thanks for sharing your experience

Onboarding Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Time Etc (Birmingham, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Fairly casual and chatty. The interviewer seemed to be in a rush but was interested to hear about myself, which was nice. I applied on Indeed.co.uk, and then was emailed a few automated questions about my salary expectations etc. Then I had to schedule a telephone interview. The process to get to the interview was quick and very easy.

Interview Questions

• What do you think our department does?   1 Answer

Client Happiness Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Etc (Birmingham, England) in March 2019.

Interview

The process was really quick. I sent my CV and covering letter via email, they responded the same day and asked me to complete a quick form with salary expectations etc. I was contacted the following day to arrange a telephone interview, followed by a face to face interview the week after. The interviewers were really friendly and the questions themselves weren’t particularly difficult.
    They certainly don’t leave you hangin around during the process. It is however, a little disappointing that I emailed them, requesting some constructive feedback after being informed that I had been unsuccessful, but have received no response - Just a thank you card in the post which I feel was a bit of an unnecessary kick in the teeth!

Virtual Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Etc in June 2018.

Interview

Several online forms and quizzes, submitting ID, practice task, phone call. I didn't see the point in the whole process to be honest. It was not fully explained why I had to create all these profiles etc and then at the end of it not get any work out of it. Just received an email to say I was rejected despite having 10+ years experience in administration and assistance, particularly working remotely and with international clients. I asked during the phone call how they market their products and get new clients, she said she wasn't aware and it's up to the CEO, but users get a free trial. Then she said that they do not have many clients or work available at the moment, and this was the reason for not progressing me stated in the email. I find this bad practice for a company, and the telephone rep was very unprofessional - why would you go through the process to hire new staff if you do not have the work available for them? I asked for all my details to be removed from their system and hoping I will get paid for the effort put in for the practice task, otherwise it will all be a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Byfleet, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Etc (Byfleet, England) in October 2017.

Interview

A fairly tedious online process which took up 2 hours of my time only to be told there is no work suitable after apparently reaching the final stages. No mention of what areas I fell short on.

Onboarding Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Etc (Birmingham, England) in August 2017.

Interview

I was asked to send a cover letter with an interesting fact about myself first of all. then I got an email asking some basic questions, i.e address, what motivates you and current salary. I then received an email asking me to book myself in for a telephone interview.

I booked in and spoke to Jane who was pleasant. They said it was a no on this occasion but I contacted Jane twice to ask what the reasons were. I didnt hear anything back so I contacted the CEO of the company Barnaby and he advised me that there was an issue with Jane receiving the email I sent. I was so impressed with Barnaby's quick, friendly and professional response. It's exactly how a CEO should be and what I would expect of a CEO.

I wasn't accepted for the role that I had applied and whilst this upsetting, I wouldn't hesitate in applying for a job in the near future if ever I needed to as Barnaby has shown that he really does do the right thing and follows his company's values. I was also sent a thank you card for my interest. It's the little things that impresses me and he really has got it right. Absolutely excellent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why do you want to work for us, how do you handle stress/pressure, how many other jobs have you applied for.   Answer Question