Topshop Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Topshop Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2018

2.4

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Topshop (New York, NY (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

They tend to hold open interviews where you are able to come in with out an appointment. You should have a resume ready and be dressed either for a interview or fashionably in Topshop/ Topman merchandise. The 1st interview is quick and relatively simple. They just ask you three to five questions in regards to your work experience, about yourself and scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Topshop Topman?   Answer Question
    • Are you over the age of 18?   Answer Question
    • Whats your current work availability?   2 Answers
    • My most recent job role and a breakdown of my tasks and responsibilities at my last job.   Answer Question
    • To tell them about a time in which I gave or received great customer service and what made the experience great?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Topshop (New York, NY (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred by another employee they called me in and they interviewed me in person, then they did something odd because after that i had a phone interview, then theyoffered me the position within a couple days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for topshop.   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Topshop (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

A group interview where you had to introduce some things about yourself and then present the project they assigned us. I had to prepare a presentation on window displays and what inspired me. Then a one on one interview

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Topshop (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Sit down with HR and VM Manager and maybe VM Lead if possible.
    If that goes well...Second interview consists of coming in and re-merchandising a small wall either a trend or a blocked department.
    If you are applying for Creative role, they may give you some tools (i.e. paint, tape, etc) and have you both dress mannequins and construct a base to put said mannequin on.
    If all goes well, expect a call back.

Interview Questions

• What are some KPI' s that you would use to help grow sales within a department?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Topshop (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied three days after the position was posted. I received an immediate response from the coordinator a week later for a phone interview. They then scheduled an interview with the ABM the following week. The interview went great, however, the ABM doing the interview was a bit stand offish and talked mostly. She expressed I was a great candidate for the position and would notify within a week. I never received any notification of an offer or a decline to offer. I have an amazing resume and exceptional experience, yet the company did not feel necessary to update the interviewers about the outcome for weeks to come, even when calling for an update.

Interview Questions

• Having an ABM who lacks energy and exude intimidation hold the interview. In addition, they expressed there is very small room for growth with the company. I still love the brand, however, I believe the person conducting the interview was not the appropriate choice.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Topshop (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I saw the hiring ad for various Topshop position at Fashion Valley (San Diego) and decided to apply to the back of house position since I had more office, inventory, and cash handling type experience. About a week later I received an email inviting me to open recruitment day. There were three other people there during that time, it was pretty easy. Just an initial screening and basic questions about how many hours we wanted to work, what position we were interested in, current situation, etc. A few days later got an e-mail asking for a second interview. This time there was around 10 people, it was a very group oriented interview. The first part was just filling out a lot of employment type forms, most people were there for sales advisors. About half an hour later we started the interview. We had to get in pairs and introduce one another, then did a outfit build group activity where we got a scenario for a client and had to pick an outfit from rack and then present why we chose that outfit, and finally had to go around and use an adjective to describe the perfect Topshop employee and why. Overall it was a very easy-going interview and very relaxed. This was on a Monday and after not hearing back on Friday, I e-mailed asking for an update. The general manager informed me that HR had already tried contacting me and thanked me for letting her know. I was unaware of this, but apparently my voicemail wasn't set up right so I had been missing messages. Once I set it up I saw I had three missed voicemails from HR. After I realized this I called back on Monday and apologized, but was hopeful I had gotten the job since they were so interested in calling me. They took my information and said they'd talk to the general manager and call me back. Never got a call back, so I don't really know what happened. It was my fault for messing up, but I wished they would have just told me the position had been filled or some courteous excuse like that instead of making me think I still had a chance.

Interview Questions

• Why Topshop? What is one adjective that describes what a Topshop employee should be?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Topshop (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

it was all over the place. They start with a group interview even though it is a supervisory position. they play games like putting you into groups to make the perfect sales associates. then after two more games for about an hour they bring you to the break room. afterward they give you a one on one interview which lasts about 4 minutes and then youre done.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Topshop in August 2014.

Interview

For my first interview the interviewer was almost 3 hours late, and in general I felt like the interview didn't go great. I was called back for a final interview with the actual store manager about a week later. That interview was more natural, but only lasted maybe twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a typical day at your current job.   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Topshop (Miami, FL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

They require very in depth answers. There’s two interviews that take place. The second interview is longer and is more focused on the position you’re applying for. They let you know if you’ve been rejected through email or HR will call to negotiate about your position.

Stockroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Topshop (Aventura, FL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Group interview with about 8 other people. It was a mixture of people thar applied for various positions, but they called us all in for a hiring event to only hire two people for a shoe sales floor position. Complete waste of time. Nonetheless, interview was laid back. Everyone fed off of the others' energy. Simple questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.