Find jobs for Transcriptionist

TranscribeMe Transcriptionist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 50 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at TranscribeMe

TranscribeMe

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranscribeMe

Interview

The interview process was fairly long. There is also alot to learn and know before taking the actual test. They have alot of supporting documents though that are very helpful.

Interview Questions
  • do you have a computer?
    Answer Question

TranscribeMe

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranscribeMe

Interview

I tried to apply back when they showed your audio percentage. Got over 96% in most of the audio and still failed. I have tried over 4 times and it all ends the same way. I don't quite understand what is expected. They say that the audio rate depends on the quality but it's like they are not hiring but are afraid to say so they just let you apply just so they can feel the sufficiency of rejecting your application. Also, the audio was being reviewed within seconds, it feels like a computer-generated script that one needs to keep up with.

Interview Questions
  • Uh-oh! You didn't pass this audio. Note that you will NOT see your accuracy percentage, nor can we give you any feedback regarding your results. Be sure to review the Style Guide before using your Retry!
1 person found this interview helpful

Sales Engineer

180 Comments

Join the conversation on

TranscribeMe

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranscribeMe in Nov 2020

Interview

No interview, just a test on your understanding of their style guide followed by 3 audio transcriptions. It takes a long time. TM suggests a couple of hours but it is a commitment of several hours.

Interview Questions
  • There was an online test which basically asked you some key points (multiple choice or true or false) from their style guide, followed up with some audio to transcribe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranscribeMe (Lagos) in May 2020

Interview

Total rubbish. I scored 97% on all three audio tests and still failed. They seem to expect too much from their transcribers. Still can't understand how you fail someone in a test he scored 97% in. Sucks.

Interview Questions
  • Three sections. The first section has three questions, and then you have to accurately transcribe three 4 minute audio files in the second section. The third section has 10 style guide questions which yo have to score 100%. in.

TranscribeMe

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranscribeMe in Jan 2020

Interview

Basically you have to write a test mostly about style guidelines. You are then asked to transcribe 3 four minute clips.after passing you have to wait to hear from them

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranscribeMe (Montreal, QC) in Jan 2020

Interview

I created an account by singing in with Google, and then realized that it was a Customer account instead of a Transcriptionist account. Oops. I immediately made another account with my second email to sign up as a transcriptionist instead. DO NOT DO THIS! I spent around 6 hours to study and complete the exams in both French and English and passed them both. I had to wait 1 day for a response from the website. Their response was that they detected "fraudulent activity" with my account and they banned me from their site FOR LIFE. Apparently, under no circumstance should you have created two accounts. Even though I never signed into the first one and never used it (I didn't even confirm it by email)! They seemed to be suggesting that I could have cheated on the exams as a result of having these two accounts. They did not explain how that makes sense, and they blatantly lied to me in saying that I hadn't followed the rules that are mentioned in the instructions before creating an account. I looked through the FAQ that they suggest you read before creating an account and there is not a single mention of the risk of being banned for life due to having created two accounts with them. When I contacted them and politely explained my mistake in creating the Customer account first, they just rigidly doubled down on their assumption that I had engaged in fraudulent activity, and made it clear that they are not interested in the specifics of why I made the mistake. I suggest avoiding this company at all costs, as they clearly don't value your time and will punish you disproportionately if they perceive that you have made a mistake. There are a number of horror stories on Reddit related to them as well that I recommend looking into.

Interview Questions
  • To transcribe 3 sample audio files and answer multiple answer questions about things that are written in the Instructions guide.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I interviewed at TranscribeMe (Sacramento, CA)

Interview

No interview. Took exam the first time. Got 94% or higher on the audio. Still failed. Took it the second time, got 96% or higher on the audio. Still failed. Watched YouTube and the lady got 93% and under and she passed. So wtf? It’s rigged. Guess it’s not for me except it wasted two of my nights. :(

9 people found this interview helpful

TranscribeMe

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranscribeMe in Jun 2018

Interview

Applied for a remote transcriptionist position. The "interview" process is all done online by taking four multiple choice tests on grammar and punctuation, etc., and then transcribing three audio clips. I am a transcriptionist with over 20 years of experience, and was the manager of an entire medical transcription department for a large group of radiology imaging centers for six years. I also have past career experience as a technical writer.

Interview Questions
  • The transcription testing part of the exam was ridiculous. It took me four hours to transcribe the three audio clips -- you can't use your foot pedal during these tests-- and it was also difficult following all of TranscribeMe's many style guidelines, while also trying to figure out how to properly transcribe people talking at the same time. I could hear what each person was saying, despite people talking at the same time. But how does TranscribeME want you to transcribe these types of conversations? Obviously, I didn't get it right -- I only scored about 81% on each of the three exams--and failed. How ridiculous. I am very intelligent and extremely detail-oriented, and went over my work several times for accuracy before submitting. These conversations were nowhere near as technical and complicated as medical transcription--they were easy exchanges. I think TranscribeMe is a WASTE OF TIME.
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranscribeMe (Sacramento, CA) in Sep 2017

Interview

Super unfair-got ALL the transcription process correct but for some reason, the questions were wrong. I think they were trick questions. When I had to take it again, the questions were out of order so I thought I had to change my answers to the questions that it was taking me to. I was WRONG. It makes you re-do the whole exam again so don't change your answer unless you KNOW it was incorrect.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

TranscribeMe

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TranscribeMe

Interview

No interview, just an online exam. Despite correctly answering 9 questions out of 10, and scoring above 90% on two audio transcriptions, I failed because I scored 85% on one transcription. Subsequent attempts did not produce better results. Nowhere does it state that 100% or even 90% accuracy is required. No feedback is given. I feel their online test is unfair and a waste of time. I don't recommend trying this company.

12 people found this interview helpful