TransferWise Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 9 Jun 2019

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn (Estonia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise (Tallinn (Estonia)) in May 2014.

Interview

They were quick to get in touch after I sent my application. HR was very friendly and enthusiastic. I was apologetically warned by everyone I met, that there would be 4 interviews.
First interview was with developers. That was a lot of fun - we brainstormed about possible new products and spoke about new trends on the market.
The second interview was with the manager to the position I was applying for. He was clearly unprepared and preoccupied with something else as kept taking phone calls during the interview. The questions were standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If you came up with a service that allowed our customers to send money via SMS, then how would it work? Please draw the process on the white board.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TransferWise

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise.

Interview

The inverview process included 5 rounds. A couple rounds with 1-2 product managers at a time, an interview with an engineer, an interview with the founder. In the course of the conversation, it became clearer where my skill set matched with the company's priorities and needs, and the interviews became more specific over time for a specific team.

Interview Questions

• If you join TransferWise, what is the next job you will do after TransferWise?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransferWise (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Just a Skype interview with the recruiter. Somehow they have too much power to turn down people with great skills fit to the job descriptions. Get ready to give your best as this could be your last one already, and to me it has almost never happened before. Basically she spoke for 80% of the time, and I got bounced after spending 10 minutes on who I am. LOL

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you. More in details description of the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise (London, England) in October 2016.

Interview

First I was in touch with the recruiter, then I had a Skype call with a London Product Manager, and then 2 separate calls with Product Managers from Tallinn, Estonia. They were really quick with the responses, and the interviewers were asking all sorts of questions about my experience, and skills. They've also put out the situations and I had to resolve them on the call.

Interview Questions

• How would you get more profit from one certain set of customers?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn (Estonia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise (Tallinn (Estonia)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had 2nd interview with Transferwise this year, the previous one was last year. Last year they made an excuse that I might not be interested in customer side of the product, while the position was for Full-Stack developer.

And this year they came up with very innovative excuse: we have checked your test results from last year interview, and it seems that we can't consider you this year as well.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TransferWise in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Product Manager role at Budapest office and had the initial meeting over Hangouts with another PM. He was nice and open during the interview. Asked accurate and relative questions (he did not ask silly HR questions like "how weird you are?" like it is mentioned in other reviews)

However because of voice quality issues and my illness during the time, I guess I couldn't communicate my thoughts really well.

Following the interview I got a reply within 24 hours with a detailed information about the reasons of rejection. Unfortunately, this kind of thoughtful attitude is not something you find in every company. Thanks to TransferWise for this exemplary effort.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransferWise.

Interview

I have applied through the company website. The whole interview process was conducted via video calls, that was OK. I had 3 rounds all with different product managers and other team members. The interviews were not the typical ' what did you do in the past' type interviews, but very much focusing on my skills and how would I handle different situations and decisions if I would be working for Transferwise. Although the interviews were quite tough I really enjoyed talking to smart people.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TransferWise (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

It was a video interview with a product manager from the company. He asked about my background and then he came up with two questions. He was kind and the questions were reasonable.

Interview Questions

• Pick an online service you've been using for a while, suggest a new feature, how would you decide which detail level the feature should be implemented on.   1 Answer
    • The interviewer said that they were facing challenges with one of their new features to be launched which he described briefly. He asked if I had ideas to overcome the challenges.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise (Warsaw (Poland)).

Interview

Had a first phone interview with HR and they scheduled a second one as a skype interview with a product manager. He didn't show up at the agreed time and I received an e-mail from HR 10min later rescheduling the interview for another week .

At the interview I kept my camera on but the interviewer had only audio. His accent was very strong and his english was not very good, which made some questions very confusing. He used some swear words when talking about information in my CV, not in an offensive way but still very impolite. His questions were very specific to his daily work and he expected as a answers the way he carries out the activities. In one point of the interview he told me to 'forget everything that I have learned in my MBA', because 'that doesn't work in the real world'.

Interview Questions

• Customer wants to send £100k but partner doesn't want to do it , what would you do?   Answer Question
    • We want to open in a new country, how do you know the size of the market?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise (Budapest (Hungary)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had two screening interviews for a product manager position in Budapest, both on google hangouts and both for 30 minutes. The first one was nice and entertaining, it made my day and just in hours I've got the invitation for the second one. I was really waiting the second one but it was a bit messy. First, I've got the invitation just in the very same template email as before, that was a bit disapointing. Then the guy was a bit late and two other persons were in the call. They figured out that they should not be there, so the interviewer sent me another hangouts invitation. We started the interview but he was surprised when I told it is my second interview. When he realized this he didn't seem really interested anymore and he asked quite the same questions as the first interviewer. At that moment, in a huge contrast to the first session, I knew I don't really want this guy to be my boss. In a week I've got a templateish notification that they did not chose me. I give neutral because I really enjoyed the first, but just survived the second interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.