TransferWise Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TransferWise Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at TransferWise

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online answering a few questions they had as part of the app process. Got an email to interview within a few days. Intro video call with recruiter, then they gave me a case and five days to email it back. Case was interesting and pretty fun to see what the role would be like. After submission, they took a few days to review and moved to a video call with the hiring manager. That went well but at that point it was pretty clear I didn’t match all the experience requirements they wanted. Never heard back until I followed up with the recruiter, she said they were split on me but decided I didn’t have all the requirements they wanted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TransferWise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransferWise (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

I was way underqualified for this role as they required like 80 years of experience but anyway I thought never miss an opportunity so I had a video call with the recruiter who was clearly not a marketing expert otherwise she would have never picked my profile in the first place.

The recruiter was reading her questions clearly given by someone from marketing and she was asking loads of random marketing questions especially focused on the way myself and my company gather customer data and other highly confidential information.

Well, part of my job is Corporate PR so this recruiter definitely picked the wrong person to insist on this matter and I was definitely not happy to be asked that in that way and definitely not happy to share such information with anybody external to my business. Even if I clarified this, the recruiter insisted and at some point, I was even asked very aggressively to pass this information as "fundamental" for them to understand my data gathering process. Also, the recruiter was not even understanding that my company as an in-house process to do so which is obviously not shareable with anybody.

Come on, don't ask stuff like that in the first minutes you get to know your future employees! So unprofessional. I wouldn't really be keen to work on a company that ask these things in a screening interview so I'm sorry for those who continued the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How does your company collect confidential customers data?   1 Answer
    • What sort of customer data do you collect?   Answer Question
    • Do you have access to customer data collected by your company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then found a few employees internally through my connections who also passed on my CV. It still took them 3 months to get back to me indicating interest (which I was surprised they were at that point). I was instructed to do an online personality test at first. Based on the results HR then proceeded to schedule an interview with the manager via an automated process. Interview was fairly relaxed, behavioral/experience based.
    What was irritating was the fact that Transferwise preaches the utmost in customer centricity in everything they do, but after my interview didn't have the decency to get back to me with a simple rejection declining my candidacy. I know I won't be using Transferwise anytime soon.

Interview Questions

• How would you change the website and communications?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.