TransferWise Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TransferWise Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at TransferWise

Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online. The first interview was 45 minutes over Zoom. I was asked a relatively simple OOP design problem and the interviewer was very collaborative and easy-going so it went smoothly. I had to either use Java or Javascript. The good part is that they are more interested in seeing your thought process and don't worry about code compilation. I was also asked questions about my resume after. I quickly heard back and was next invited to a 90 min technical interview with two devs. Once again, the interview was collaborative (peer-programming style) and the interviewers were laid back. They asked two main questions: debugging and improving a java game and an sql subquery problem (which I fumbled on). They also asked questions about web security. I got rejected, but ended up getting very detailed feedback on what I should improve on.

Interview Questions

• Understand how to code a singleton   1 Answer
  • Design a coat check system   1 Answer
  • How can cookies be comprised or manipulated? What are some headers that add security?   1 Answer
  • SQL subquery which uses 3 tables   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TransferWise

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn (Estonia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransferWise (Tallinn (Estonia)) in January 2019.

Interview

1. Hackerank test.
    2. Talk with H.R person.
    3. Technical interview with 2 developers from a none English speaking country. From the accents, I think they are from Estonia or some place where they speak a Russian related language.

Interview Questions

• The two people who interviewed me are not proficient in English. I don't think they speak English regularly. I'm not a native English speaker but I have native proficiency in English. These guys struggled to understand what I was saying and I also struggled to understand what they were asking. An example is this question they asked me, "When you open IntelliJ and you click the Spring button, what happens?". After going back and forth with them, I finally figured they wanted to ask, "How does Spring Boot startup?". This would have been a straight forward question had it been asked by a proficient English speaker. My advice is they have people proficient in English interviewing, or at least have a proficient/native English speaker go through the interview questions. Ignoring the bad English, the interview questions were actually quite interesting and fairly challenging.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.