TripAdvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TripAdvisor Interview Questions

Interviews at TripAdvisor

1. Featured Interview

Revenue Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Needham, MA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone call with HR. Then a Skype interview with the hiring manager . Brief conversation regarding the position and my past experiences. Ask questions. The hiring manager was friendly and made the conversation primarily about my personality, strengths, and weaknesses.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Newton, MA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I'm a new grad, I sent them a CV and after two phone interviews I was flown in for a day of technical tests at the Newton Offices.

The two phone interviews were fairly straight forward, one of which was to implement StringBuilder in Java, rigorous on site interviews in which i talked to 6 different people, each of which made me solve whiteboard problems.

Overall positive experience, fast replies and generally fast process. They focus on the computer science core so brush up on algorithms and data structures.

Interview Questions

• count the number of duplicates in a binary tree in O(n) time O(1) space.   5 Answers

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Worcester, MA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing for DaoDao team and did an online assessment on codility. Two question: Algorithm and SQL. And follow up with a phone interview after a week. The phone interview only contains 1 problem, search how many squares in the graph. And if you haven't meet this problem before, you may know the answer. I tried hard and finally gave out a general solution which will take O(n^4) time complexity. The interviewer seems not listening when I'm trying to solve it. And they finally said they want to focus on senior role currently.

Interview Questions

• search how many squares in the graph   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Went to a career fair and gave them my resume. They called that night and offered me an interview for the next day. The interview consisted of a couple questions about my resume then it went to the tech interview

Interview Questions

• You have String 1: "abcdefgh". Write a code to remove "ad" so that you are left with "bcefgh".   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Newton, MA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and was interviewed in a matter of 2 days. I did 4 on site interviews one of them with the chief of engineering. I was supposed to do an extra interview with the engineering VP but she was busy so that didn't take place.
    A week later I got an email telling me they wanted to wire me and in the next couple of weeks I got a written offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions main topics are: hashing, trees and graphs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a written offer, I replied with a counter offer and after a week I got a new offer which I took.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewers asked me to tell them something about the project experience in the resume and ask a few questions that they are interested in . And then ask a technical question: explain a HashTable. After that, they told me something about their company and said they will contact me if we can move to the next step.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied at college career fair. Got asked several technical questions at the career fair. A few days later, a recruiter contacted me and set up a technical phone interview. I did not pass the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special. Just coding questions about basic computer science.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TripAdvisor in September 2014.

Interview

Sending my resume on university career fair. They give me an interview on the next day. Interview question is not that hard, convert user input to Roman Numbers. After writing my algorithm, the follow up question is the time-complexity.

Interview Questions

• Convert user input to Roman Number   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

I interviewed for a new graduate full-time position for software engineering. We spoke about my resume (asked questions about my previous internship experience) for first 15mins and then the remainder of the interview was technical.

Interview Questions

• -Difference between array and linked list
      -What type of data structure would you use to store a dictionary of words and what is the runtime
      -Code writing: write a function to reverse a linked list   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a manager. Asked me to write a code for Binary search and my class experience. Also been asked about the base knowledge of C++. I am also asked about const and the difference between reference and value. I guess I didn't prepare well for these questions.

Interview Questions

• The difference between java and c++   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

takes more than a month, unlimited phone interview, no any response more than 2 weeks. the online test is not hard but 40 mins is short for the long question describe .

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.