TripAdvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TripAdvisor Interview Questions

Interviews at TripAdvisor

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a manager. Asked me to write a code for Binary search and my class experience. Also been asked about the base knowledge of C++. I am also asked about const and the difference between reference and value. I guess I didn't prepare well for these questions.

Interview Questions

• The difference between java and c++   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Applied in Career Fair. Got an interview scheduling request after 2 days. It was a 30 min interview comprising of a single technical question. Yet to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Find number of pairwise elements in an array with difference k.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

first of all theny come to our university and then they give me a brief face to face interview and then they give me a online test. the test is not difficult but I failed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TripAdvisor in September 2014.

Interview

Applied in career fair. Got an email scheduling a Skype technical interview after 5 days. Then it took them 10 days to get back to me, asking if the next day worked. Then until 45 minutes before the interview, the HR sent me the link to an online whiteboard I would do all the coding on. My interviewer is pretty nice and overall the interview is very casual. I got one data structure question and one coding question. After I finished coding, the interviewer suggested a better algorithm.

Interview Questions

• How to find the closet common ancestor of two nodes in a binary search tree.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor in October 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through a career fair. The interviewer was extremely nice and friendly. The entire process was over Skype and took about one hour. I hadn't done a technical interview before, and this was a great first experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that counts the number of enabled bits in an Integer.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

Application

I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Springfield, MA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied on campus career fair, got interview few days later on campus. The interviewer is very professional, asked some behavior questions and give a white broad test: find the common number in two linked lists, then return with a new linked list.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Newton, MA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

two phone interviews and one onsite interview
    phone interviews asked a lot of hash table questions, consistent hashing etc.
    onsite interview:
    1. number of 1's islands in a 2-d matrix (dfs)
    2. level print binary tree (queue)
    3. get number of 1's in the binary presentation of an integer.
    4. behavior questions and discussion with vp.

Interview Questions

• get number of 1's in the binary presentation of an integer.   2 Answers

visa status problem

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor.

Interview

Met with a representative at my college career fair. Was asked a few basic comp sci questions in person. Dealt with sort algorithms and their complexity/big O analysis. Also was asked about heap sort and how heaps in general work. Then asked to come to an official interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• Write code for a binary tree who find the lowest node and bubbles it up to the root.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TripAdvisor in June 2013.

Interview

Two phone interview, then onsite interview at Boston though my position is based on palo alto. Most interviewers are nice and friendly, but one is impatient and a little bit rude. After I finished the code, I didn't explain it clearly at first. Instead of trying to understand me, he insisted my solution is WRONG and tried to teach me his solution.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Nearly all can be found in glassdoor.
      One question a little bit unexpected for a non java developer. What's the difference for and foreach.?He expect me to say:
      if I use LinkedList a, use `for` and `a.get(index)` would take O(n^2) time complexity   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TripAdvisor (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applying and calling 4 days after. givin code test to solve within 40 mins. 2 questions. The first one about stacks and math operations. The second question is about datastructure and algorithm, how to get the middle index in an arraylist

Interview Questions

• It's just data structure and algorithms   1 Answer