Tripadvisor Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Tripadvisor Sales Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Tripadvisor

3.7

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

First started off with a recruiter introducing herself and getting signed in. They gave me a tour of the facilities and brought me into one of their conference rooms which is where I was going to stay for the rest of the day. I met at least 5 different interviewers and was mostly surprised by a late-addition/last minute interview that ended up bringing me all the way through a 7 hour interview. This last interview was a tough interview because it was so lengthy and the last interview was a "pitch me" style conversation so I don't really think I got a good chance to figure out what this individual's role was with the company. Overall, I felt unprepared because I didn't know they would add on a late interview nor did I expect a sales pitch to happen during this round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you missed your sales goal?   Answer Question
  • If you were in the role for the first 1-3 weeks, what would you research/learn about? Same question- but for 3-4 months?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tripadvisor

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Newton, MA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I met with several people over the course of the process. People who would be my co-workers, people who would support sales efforts and supervisors.
    The questions were smart, on point and creative. The process was long, but I feel that they are focused on hiring good people and taking time to make sure.

Interview Questions

• What was your first job ever? Fast food? College internship? Retail?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

Nine interviews in 4 weeks time.
    Five by phone or Skype, and four in London.
    I have been positively impressed on how well the interviews have been organized.
    Most of the interviews have been of 30 minutes maximum.
    No tricky questions at all.
    - First interview with the HR based in the US (Headquarter, Newton MA), by phone
    - Second interview with the manager I am reporting to today based in London (Skype)
    - Third and fourth interviews with 2 colleagues from the team I am part of today (Skype)

Face to face interviews in London:
    - First interview with the marketing manager
    - Second interview with a colleague who is from another department than the one I am part of
    - Third interview with the HR EMEA
    - Fourth interview with again the manager I am reporting to today

Last interview with the Global VP based in the US (Skype).

Everything went smooth and quickly. Exciting experience, excellent company.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.