Triumph Motorcycles Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Triumph Motorcycles Interview Questions

Interviews at Triumph Motorcycles

3.3

Interview

It was a face to face interview, mainly focused on technical aspects of the job and my engineering knowledge. They also asked a few questions about my curriculum vitae and previous projects.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about designing a wheel?
      How was this frame made and why was it made this way?   Answer Question

Purchasing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in December 2019.

Interview

Unnecessarily structured. The recruiter missed to inform me, of course. Their online pre assessment (are IQ tests legal in this country?) is an unnecessary barrier preventing talents with experience to find this company attractive. I therefore lost my interest and I made sure to fail the online test. Their HR must be really archaic as I’ve read in a previous review. I was so disappointed with the brand I’ve decided to sell my Triumph motorcycle for a new BMW.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in November 2019.

Interview

Assessed group activity in the morning. Planning a warehouse layout. Fairly fast paced, but they were looking for good communication and teamwork skills.
    2 on 1 interview in the afternoon, first half was questions on my CV, then the second half were technical questions. They brought out a component, then asked me to tell them about it. Relaxed day overall, interviewers were friendly, and weren't trying to grill me or make me trip up, just felt like they wanted to find out as much as they could about me.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied directly with them, then completed online tests before interviewing. Took at least 3 weeks between each step to hear back and 4 weeks to find out i was unsuccesful (given to internal applicant). Held interviews on different days and times so was good for flexibility. Interviewers were friendly but all other communication is through email which i think loses its personal touch.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles.

Interview

Applied via advert, did online tests. interview arranged.
    Turned up and waited in reception for interviewer. He walked in to reception and looked around, seemed surprised when he realised it was me he was interviewing. He was obviously looking for a younger person. Walked into the interview room , as soon as I walked in the other person doing the interview looked at me then closed his notebook and put his pen down. He took very little activity in the rest of the interview. Main interviewer moved test results to one side and never reviewed them.
    Interview took less than 20 mins. Though to be fair I knew at that point I would not get the job so didn't put much effort in.
    Obviously being over a certain age (58) means you cant possibly do the job. Years of experience which look good on a CV mean nothing when they see you face to face.
    To add insult to the whole process I then had to chase them to actually get an email to tell me I hadnt got the job.
    Happily other job interviews have been better and I had a choice of jobs.

Accessories Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Arrived and it was quite an unwelcoming atmosphere although the lady who gave us the welcome talk was nice.
    Introduced ourselves which was the only point we got to suggest our design interests before interview stage.
    Started the factory layout task (yes, it's still that one). It was more about who can interupt and talk over the others more than who has any ideas. I'd understand if this formed part of the selection process or was a way of testing for management roles but I feel it wasn't appropriate for designers. In this situation, people do not perform how they would in ordinary meetings as it's all very forced.
    I was then told I wasn't progressing to the interview because I didn't have enough of an input.
    They didn't even take a look at my portfolio or attempt to find out how suitable I'd be for the actual job.

Interview Questions

• Introductory question was,
      What is your name?
      What is your course and uni?
      Why do you want to work for triumph ?   Answer Question

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England).

Interview

Process took a couple of weeks from handing in a CV and cover letter. Got invited in for an interview at their factory in Hinckley, overall a positive experience. Was interviewed by 2 guys, one more senior, one younger, unfortunately didn’t go too well but was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain the purpose of the grooves on the top surface of a piston head   Answer Question

Powertrain Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online in late December.
    I Received an email saying that I had completed the initial application process and that I had to complete a series of online tests. The tests were probably the hardest that I've done however they were actually related to engineering which is great for a change!
    I received an email saying that I had passed the online tests and had an invitation to an onsite assessment centre at the Hinckley Factory.
    Upon arrival I met the 4 other students applying for the role. We were given a tour of the Factory by the recruitment assistant who was very knowledgable and gave great detail about each step. After the factory tour we had to sit a 'Fault Finding Test' followed by a group task.
    3 of the 5 of us were sent home following feedback from the first 2 activities and then we had dinner and waited for the more 'formal' interview with a member of the team.
    I was interview by 2 members of staff who made me feel very welcome. The Interview was very relaxed but at the same time the questions were quite difficult and required technical knowledge and a good understand of motorbikes.

Interview Questions

• Why Engineering?
      Why Triumph?
      Technical Interview on an engine component...   Answer Question

Industrial Placement - Design - Powertrain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in December 2017.

Interview

After completing the online testing I was invited to an assessment centre. The day included a factory tour, a group exercise based around designing a factory floor layout, a 30min fault finding test (a generic physiometric one that can be found online). Half of the candidates were then sent home. In the afternoon, I then had a two hour technical interview with two senior engineers, they were very interested in project based experience, they then gave me a camshaft and asked several questions, with the intention to push you beyond your knowledge to understand your thought processes.

I enjoyed the assessment centre and left feeling positive, however I have since discovered Triumph has an extremely poor HR department and does not appear to care about applicants, post assessment centre. I completed the centre in December 2017, I have still not heard a decision, and it is now March 2018. More importantly to me now, as I have since accepted another offer, is the fact I have still not received travel expenses ( in the hundreds)!

Interview Questions

• How is a camshaft manufactured? What are the benefits of this process?   Answer Question

Speculative Approach Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles.

Interview

Meeting with two members within the management structure.
    I found the whole process professional and fair. The interviewers allowed me sufficient time to present my case, and provided balanced and direct feedback at the end.
    The factory, brands and products are excellent, and it is fantastic to see a British, family owned, engineering based manufacturer doing so well.

Interview Questions

• Discussion on my previous work experience with focus on my specific achievements within each role.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.