Triumph Motorcycles Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Triumph Motorcycles Interview Questions

Interviews at Triumph Motorcycles

3.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Leicester, England) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two engineers who currently work at Triumph. The first half of the interview involved reviewing my CV and the second half was a technical interview. This involved such questions as why I had applied to Triumph and questions about previous work experience. For the technical part of the interview I was handed a connecting rod and was asked a variety of questions on how it would be made, materials and where the forces would be highest. They definitely were looking for a candidate who had a wealth of knowledge and could integrate into the company with minimal training due their small size.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in September 2016.

Interview

2 sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. 4 interviewer in total. Generally laid back and interested in me.
    Unprofessional management before and after the interview by HR - it all was handled by a very junior employee so I guess that's why. It took a long time to get my reimboursement for my travel. Since I came from overseas I was expecting one or more phone calls before an actual meeting, but I had to fly there without ever speaking to anybody. The pre-interview tests (online) were very boring.

Interview Questions

• Guess all the design features and the technologies used to manufacture a part of one of their products.   Answer Question

Chassis Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was an online assessment followed by two on site interviews (the second interview is dependent on your success in the first). I was made an offer of a graduate position, at no point prior to or during the interview process was I told I would only be considered for a graduate position. Triumphs graduate salary offer is a fantastic offer for a graduate, but it was not in line with my expectations. I felt this was an unfair offer given I had 2 years industrial experience as an engineer and a PhD in engineering. The offer was non negotiable and I therefore declined. I have since been employed by another motorcycle manufacturer which acknowledged my skills and made a fair offer.

Interview expense reimbursement was promised, however following my interview it took 5 months to be reimbursed. I had to constantly email and call in order to get these expenses refunded. My HR contact was a student on placement and was not competent, I suspect this was a major contribution in the lack of willingness to negotiate a salary and for the delay in expense reimbursement.

Interestingly I was asked to do the online assessment twice by two different HR personnel (there appeared to be a lack of internal communication). I was informed by the first HR contact that my online assessment was above average. The second said my result was unsatisfactory, despite the fact it was the same assessment as the first and I know I performed better the second time around. So I am not sure the purpose of the online assessments.

Overall I have a very negative impression of Triumph following this experience. Despite their best efforts to have a professional appearance in their attire and mannerisms, the actions of their staff did not support this image.

Interview Questions

• Using props you are asked what manufacturing process would be used to various components.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Online screening followed by in person interview. Online screening consisted of technical questions which had to be completed within a certain time frame.

Offer was made, but I did not accept. Graduate role and remuneration offered which did not reflect my experience.

Interview Questions

• You would be handed various parts and asked to describe what they are an how they are made   Answer Question

Junior CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online
    3 Strengths tests
    Telephone Interview
    Meeting at Hinkley Headquarters in Leicestershire
    Met the other candidates in the boardroom where there were 14 positions with 14 desktop computers running the CAD application Software

The exercise was a all day event for 6 hours of basic CAD learning from the basics . When the 6 hours and 30 mins lunch had concluded we had to construct as many motorcycle components as we could within 45 mins time limit to be assessed .
    The best ones would get the role I assume.
    Candidates in the assessment were at all different strengths some with no experience at all some with 3 years experience.

I felt like there should have been a interview to get to know the attributes they wanted from the candidates but it was a interesting process

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Assessment centre of 4 people, group task followed by a factory tour ending in an interview. Only 2 of us got an interview based on task performance.
    There were also competency based questions based on previous experience displayed in CV and attributes they were looking for.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles in January 2016.

Interview

I sent a cover letter and my CV with the online application.
    A week later i received a range of psychometric tests to complete within 4 days.
    Another week later i received an email to attend an interview.
    The interview consisted of an assessment centre in the morning and an interview for half of the candidates that attended. the interview lasted 90 minutes and was hard.

Interview Questions

• Design procedures
      manufactoring techniques
      Questions about a motocycle part   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Leicester, England).

Interview

1 and half hour interview. Consisted of general questions, manufacturing type questions, questions about loads on a motorcycle part. Tough interview and experience. 2 interviewers! The outcome of the interview was presented to me after an hour

Interview Questions

• what type of load simulations are we doing to test the structural integrity of a motorcycle part?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in May 2015.

Interview

An on-line application with your CV and cover letter is the first stage of the process followed by psychometric tests should you get through.
    Two interviews are conducted for the role of Design Engineer. The first interview is with a Team Leader and project engineer.
    The first part is your typical background interview stage, with questions like why did you choose engineering. This is followed by why the motorcycle industry an why Triumph.
    The second part takes you through a scenario of how a component goes from concept to production and then on to what happens if the component fails in the market.
    For the final part of the interview a component is given to you and questions about what it is, it's functionality, the reasons behind why it is designed like that and how it is manufactured are asked.
    The second interview is much more relaxed and is much more personal conducted by the same Team Leader as before as well as the Chief engineer for either Power-train or Chassis. Dependant.

Interview Questions

• When did you first become interested in Motorbikes and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in May 2015.

Interview

First Stage Interview conducted after successful online tests. First part was a paper based fault finding assessment that can to be undertaken in very short amount of time.
    Second part was a interview with design team leader. Competency and technical questions all relating to the company and job role.