Turn Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Turn Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Turn

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turn.

Interview

I had two phone interviews.
Applied online at University job board, received an email to schedule the first phone interview a few days later. The interviewers was very nice. The interview began by the interviewer introduced the company, the engineering team and the position. Then I was asked three technical questions. They are not the typical algorithm problems you see in Leetcode but closely related to the position you applied (I applied to the web application position).
Received an email to schedule the second phone interview a weeks later after the first phone interview. I was asked two technical questions. Nothing special and too difficult but I took longer time to write down the complete solution. There fore I got rejected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Turn

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turn (Syracuse, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for multiple positions on the career website on May 25th and received a phone screen invite on June 1st. After which the process was pretty quick and straightforward. All the interviewers were very friendly and helpful. The responses from Turn were very quick and the process of scheduling the next interviews was smooth. The questions were mostly only technical and related to data structures and OOP concepts. Solid understanding of CS basics such as algorithms and data structures will get you through the interviews with ease.

Interview Questions

• The team wanted me to solve the coding questions in Java
      Interview #1: 3 coding questions.
      Interview #2: Linked List based question. After i was done with the the code, they made changes to the questions just to check if I could make the appropriate changes to my code.
      Interview #3: Basic concepts based questions and resume go-through
      Interview #4: Onsite like interview. Because of a different location, i gave 4 rounds on hangouts. 2 rounds were on system design and 2 rounds were completely coding.

Got +ve reply the very next date.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turn (Champaign, IL (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then an interview coordinator replied back to me within one day and helped me scheduled an interview with the site Manager. The site manager contacted me personally to confirm the interview date and attached an file from the recruiter, which provides overview and engineer culture related to Turn. The first phone interview took about 1.5 hour. The manager gave an overview of Turn and answered my questions related to Turn. Afterwards, we worked on some coding questions and troubleshooting questions. The manager was super helpful and open and provided suggestions for my answer. In the end of interview, the manager gave immediate feedback and decided to invite me to the on-site interview. Before the onsite, I needed to fill out a document related to employment information and answers fews question from the recruiter. The onsite was from 10am to 2:30 pm with 3 engineers and the manager at the end of interview. Everyone was very open, friendly and helpful. During the interview, I was able to chat with the whole team at Champaign. In the end, I was asked for feedbacks related to Turn and informed that Turn liked to move forward with me. The manager is really nice and responsive through the process. The next round generally was to speak with team (2 engineers, VP engineer and the recruiter) in Redwood City. The recruiter is amazing. She is the most engaging and detail-oriented recruiter I have met. The conversation between the recruiter was very personal. After each round, she reached out to get my latest situation and make sure that I will be happy and make growth at Turn. After Turn made the decision, the manager and the recruiter worked very hard and tried their best to provide information in all aspects to help me make the decision. The recruiter helped me to connect with SVP and VP engineer to learn more opportunity at Turn and career choice. Cannot image a company at size of 400 people will put so much efforts on a junior candidate. In the end, I had to make decision between Turn and another opportunity. It was a very tough choice for me. Unfortunately, I did not take the great opportunity from Turn, because I was more interesting in some projects, which have better match for my personal goal, at another opportunity. However, I will definitely highly recommend for applying and taking the opportunity at Turn.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turn.

Interview

A bad interview experience as they made me do 3 one hour technical phone interviews, spread over several weeks, even though I was a local candidate. The recruiter also demanded that I provide the name of every company & position I was interviewing for, which no other company had done.

Interview Questions

• What other companies & positions are you currently applying for?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turn.

Interview

I applied online and got feedback in one week. It was a phone interview. They did not care any of your background. They just started by asking you a program question or may like a brain teaser, and it is not what I had expected. I have been through a few interviews, and none of them like this one. The person enjoys humiliating interviewer, as my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

No HR screening. Interviewer was engineering manager who contacted me to set up a technical interview. Looking at the pictures of the Redwood City branch, I could already tell they love foreign workers. I was greeted to a man who had a very thick accent. Asked very basic questions which I was able to answer, but when it came to the larger technical questions, he was unclear and I had to repeatedly ask him to repeat himself. Not a pleasant experience and lots of red flags raised.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turn.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from HR. Had a phone interview with one of their engineer. Question was easy but I wasnt prepared so I couldnt get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Find the duplicated number in an array.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process is ok but I still see room for improvement.

Before the interview, the recruiter sent me a document about the interview process. It states clearly they don't ask brain teaser. However, one of the interviewers started with "let's begin with a brain teaser". This interviewer needs to learn more about the process.

I didn't even mention in my resume about database experience. One of the significant reasons I was rejected is that I don't have database experience. The hiring team needs to review my resume carefully before inviting me for on-site interview. Otherwise it will be a waste of time for both.

Anyway, they can make decision very fast.

Interview Questions

• Here is the brain teaser question:
      Given integers as 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., N. Every time you remove an alternative element until only one is left. If you reach the end, just do a rounding. Return the remaining element. For example, given 1,2,3,4,5,6, you remove 1, 3, 5 and then 2, 6. So the remaining element is 4. What is the remaining element if N is 2000?   9 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online through the campus job board, and had two technical phone interviews and one on-site interview. The office has a nice location in the downtown area, and I liked the open atmosphere within the building. The interviewing process was quite intense. They even squeezed in a technical question during the lunch period. On a positive note, the interviewers had a lot to say about the company, which gave a better idea of what it would be like to work there. I was told near the end of the day at the office that they were still unsure of whether to move forward with my application. I appreciated the quick feedback, disappointing as it was. They then had a recruiter come out and criticize me about my attitude during the interview. She told me I was being flat and inexpressive, then criticized me further for not being more expressive in response to her criticism. I suppose at this point they didn't care to keep me interested in the company anymore.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was during lunch. I was asked a technical question literally mid-bite and asked to write the solution on the white board.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is smooth and fast. I took two rounds of phone interviews, and then was invited for an onsite interview. I met with 5 people there, four of them focused on technical questions, the SVP just poped up to say HI to me. After that, the recruiter came to discuss the offer with me. I felt comfortable, and enjoyed speaking with everyone. The interviewers are quite smart and open-minded. Sometimes, I provided answers which were different from theirs, but they were totally OK with it. Actually, they also taught me something during the interview. That's really impressive.

The recruiting team is the best I've ever seen. They are quite professional and considerate. They are always trying to help candidates, and make them happy. After I accepted the offer, they even mailed me a gift to celebrate with my family. That's so sweet!

I strongly recommend Turn, for it's culture(people), business model, and technology.

Interview Questions

• They asked a wide range of questions related with web development, both front end and back end. It's better to have some hands-on experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but they gave me an offer exceeding my expectation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.