Turn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Turn Interview Questions

Interviews at Turn

3.1

Recruiting Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Worse interview experience EVER. If you are looking to be interrogated and talked down to this is the place for you. They claim to have high standards like Google, but this place is no Google and from previously working at Google at least they show you respect during the interview. It was very uncomfortable and the interviewers were unprofessional and unbelievably rude.

The last interviewer in particular with the Director of HR made me want to get up and walk out. First off, she took me out of the conference room and into to a kitchen/rec area to conduct the interview in front of other employees. One employee was sitting directly across from us working on his laptop, this was extremely uncomfortable.

She would ask me a question like "how are you going about your current job search?" and I would give my answer and she would reply "try again, how are you going about your job search" or in looking at a small lapse in employment she asked "what did you do during those couple months" and I answered that I was looking for work and she replied "that's not what I asked, what were you doing" and again stated that I was actively looking and interviewing for a job. She did this with 90% of the questions as if there was some sort of right answer. She would never re-phrase her question and expected me to read her mind and figure out what exactly she was trying to ask.

At the end she criticized me for not finishing college and said I should go back. I asked her a few questions and she literally gave me 1 word answers as if I was wasting her precious time.

Interview Questions

• At one point she made me "role play" as if she was the candidate and I was the recruiter and when I tried to do it and interact she didn't respond, she basically wanted me to talk to myself and pretend someone was replying. Very weird.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turn.

Interview

1 interview with hiring manger and 5 interview with a range of people from different teams.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Turn in May 2013.

Interview

I had an interview within the first week of contacting Turn. I had a great experience with the interview, I could see very quickly the wonderful culture that Turn is built around. The questions asked were much more based around my ability to work in a fast paced environment as well as my education and past internships. I felt the interviewer was very easy to talk to, not put on the spot or interrogated. The interview lasted a little under two hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Turn.

Interview

Interesting interview process. Good focus on culture and technical knowledge

Software Engineering In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Interview

First had two phone interviews. Then was invited to Redwood City to have the onsite interview. Could not disclose the exact question but the people there are really nice to talk to. The questions are reasonable. Have a great time with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews followed by an on-site with about 5 people. There was some delay between the phone interview and the callback for an on-site, but it was around the holiday season, so it's understandable. The on-site was well organized; I received a schedule for the day upon arriving. I ate the same catered food that the regular employees had, and I was shown a powerpoint presentation over lunch that explained the digital advertising industry. That was my favorite part, as it demonstrated their concern for my learning.

Engineering Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was intense, but quick. One day of interviews then a conversation about my fit within the company and the hiring team. It was great to be able to speak to key players at the company to get a feel for both the culture and the talent here.

Negotiation

The recruiters were very fair with their abilities to make a fair offer. I was quite happy with what was presented.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and then an onsite interview.
    Onsite interview was day long, series of 5 interviews. Had lunch interview with Director of Software Engineer in Test. All the interviews were technical/coding. Lunch was good but was writing code while eating as well! Also got a chance to speak with VP of Engineering at the end of the day. Enjoyed all my interviews that day and was officially offered in less than 24 hours.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted for an onsite interview. The interview was with 3 different people in the HR department. The interview was around 2.5 hours long. The first 2 interviewers were extremely nice and the questions were behavioral. The last interview was with the Director of HR. She was difficult to read and there wasnt any formal behavioral questions. She criticized my degree at UC Berkeley and questioned my life goals. I sent follow up e-mails and there was no response.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing about the interview was the last interview with the Director of HR. She had no formal interview questions and was hard to read.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

It was OK. Some people were not the sharpest tools in the shed and asked dumb questions. But, most were good. My new boss was very smart. There were some people who were Java temple worshippers. But most were very smart. Only one guy asked dumb questions. You need to be able to think on your feet to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• How could you time a transaction from start to finish when going over multiple servers.
      I cam up with an answer that the interviewer had not thought of but liked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple they gave me a great offer. I would have stayed but they fired the head of Eng, HR and Finance.