Turn Platform Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Turn Platform Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Turn

1 Interview Review

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

Turn's interview process is pretty typical for a tech company: discussion with a recruiter followed by an initial technical phone screen, then a full day of on-site interviews with engineers.

Questions range from algorithms and CS101 to system design or in depth questions about past projects and experiences. Nothing out of the ordinary if you have a good technical background.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult/interesting question I got was around systems design were you have to showcase that you understand the concepts of distributed and parallel computing, distributed synchronization, MapReduce framework, etc. But since these were skills required for the position, it wasn't very unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary negotiations were tight as they were reluctant to match the base of another offer I had on the table at that time, but they upped the initial stock grant. My first promotion + raise re-adjusted my salary dramatically so all in all it turned out very well.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.