Turn Recruiting Partner Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Turn Recruiting Partner Interview Questions

Interviews at Turn

1 Interview Review

Recruiting Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Worse interview experience EVER. If you are looking to be interrogated and talked down to this is the place for you. They claim to have high standards like Google, but this place is no Google and from previously working at Google at least they show you respect during the interview. It was very uncomfortable and the interviewers were unprofessional and unbelievably rude.

The last interviewer in particular with the Director of HR made me want to get up and walk out. First off, she took me out of the conference room and into to a kitchen/rec area to conduct the interview in front of other employees. One employee was sitting directly across from us working on his laptop, this was extremely uncomfortable.

She would ask me a question like "how are you going about your current job search?" and I would give my answer and she would reply "try again, how are you going about your job search" or in looking at a small lapse in employment she asked "what did you do during those couple months" and I answered that I was looking for work and she replied "that's not what I asked, what were you doing" and again stated that I was actively looking and interviewing for a job. She did this with 90% of the questions as if there was some sort of right answer. She would never re-phrase her question and expected me to read her mind and figure out what exactly she was trying to ask.

At the end she criticized me for not finishing college and said I should go back. I asked her a few questions and she literally gave me 1 word answers as if I was wasting her precious time.

Interview Questions

• At one point she made me "role play" as if she was the candidate and I was the recruiter and when I tried to do it and interact she didn't respond, she basically wanted me to talk to myself and pretend someone was replying. Very weird.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.