Turner and Townsend Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Turner and Townsend Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2017

2.8

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend.

Interview

Got a call from the Recruitment Manager in the middle of the day, called him back, and basically didn't hear from him again until a week later. Finally, I got a call back and spoke to him about my background and experience and he set up another interview with me with a Recruitment Manager in San Francisco. Had a phone interview with her as well before having a face to face interview at the Houston office.

Met with the Recruiter and HR Specialist at the Houston office and the interview went okay. The interview was about an hour long, went over the position, responsibilities and answered questions.

Got an email a week later stating I'd be a good fit but they have decided to move the position to San Francisco instead. I am sure this was the polite rejection email but I would rather them tell me I was not a good fit instead of basically beating around the bush. Communication is key in Recruitment. What bothered me the most is the lack of clarity. Okay, was I good fit and wasn't considered for relocation? Or was I not a fit at all? I would've rather gotten an email stating, CLEARLY, I wasn't a good fit and be done with it and not have to read between the lines. Working in HR and Recruitment, I understand business needs but it was irresponsible to not have worked out all the details for this position, something as big as determining where the job location was going to be. It was not only a waste of time for the Houston employees to interview me but it was also a waste of my time, and other candidate's time who came in to interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Consists of 2 rounds. Firstly you do the phone interview which is a behavioral interview. Before the second interview there is mixer event which you can meet with other candidates and managers. In the second round they ask you to prepare a presentation. You present the presentation and then there is a impersonal interview with two managers.

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

If your application has been selected for an interview, a member of the department’s hiring team will contact you to set up a time. (If you don’t live in Yukon, initial interviews may be conducted by phone or Internet video.) Now, this is your chance to do some background research and to gather together everything you need to come to the interview confident and prepared.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend in February 2016.

Interview

There were four rounds of interview which included behavioural and technical questions as well. Overall it was a good experience. Please read the job description very carefully before you get interviewed.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you questions related to the job description and your profile.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

The process is a bit different from usual interview processes. starts with a phone interview, a meet and greet event with fellow candidates, a presentation followed by an in-person interview. The decision is given after a few weeks.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview takes 30 minutes to 1 hr. The interviewers are very nice and friendly, and they ask some simple and regular questions that people usually ask. The interview starts after 1-2 months after the GDP program application. The atmosphere is very good. This is a phone interview

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in Construction management?
      Do you have any experiences related to the position   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend (Nashville, TN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I initially had a Phone interview followed by two face to face interviews on the site of the client. Approval for hire had to go to T&T execs in England so it took a while to get a decision.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend.

Interview

typical phone and or FaceTime interview depending on how their connection is going that day. A lot of formulated questions which are standard for the interview process with a bigger company like this. Interview was with an hr person and a senior Vice President

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation your weren't familiar with   Answer Question
    • What is an accomplishment you are proud of.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were put in a place of leadership and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial interview fir the first assignment was easy and quick. The interviewed manager got a feeling of my abilities in a short time, I tried to be as descriptive as I could

Interview Questions

• the proficiency in required software and human interaction   1 Answer

Negotiation

All the terms were suitable for me, so there was no negotiation in place. I advise you to apply for the opportunity with this employer if you are willing to travel, paid very good, but never have stability in job.

Risk Assessor Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend (City of London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through an agency who looked at my CV who thought based on my background I would be an ideal candidate to put forward. I was interviewed by senior fire safety. It was relaxed, informal and engaging.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.