Tyco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Tyco Interview Questions

Interviews at Tyco

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tyco in August 2010.

Interview

phone interview and then a one on one with the sales manager

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyco (Little Rock, AR (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very long process. Management was very specific on who they planned to hire. I was contacted on August 2013 about the job. I didn't actually start the job until January 2014 . When i started it was definitely worth the wait .

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tyco (Princeton, NJ (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was for one hour and handled professionally. Spoke to manager, discussed resume and scope of the job supporting transition to B2B System. We discussed my qualification, excel and interpersonal skills to work with the management system. The position was for a department that was ultimately downsized as was most of the departments at Tyco's Princeton location

Interview Questions

• Experience, qualifications, excel skills, motivation to work for Tyco   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not applicable - received salary from agency

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyco.

Interview

The interview was a pleasant experience. I met the hiring manager at a Starbucks near the Irvine headquarters. He asked behavior questions, and a lot of questions involving my past experience in sales. He was very professional, and I dressed to impress. He explained the companies expectations and what the company expects in a sales role.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to close him in the end of the interview.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tyco (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Was originally contacted by a hiring firm. After a few phone interviews, I met with the SimplexGrinnell management. After two more meetings with multiple management team members, I was formally offered the position. This entire process took about 3 1/2 months.

Interview Questions

• Basis sales questions: how do you handle rejection, what are you motivated by....   Answer Question

Negotiated initial salary offer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tyco in February 2013.

Interview

Was introduced by a recruiter. Had a few phone interviews and then an in person interview with the plant manager and (4) people I would be working with/for. I was 30 minutes late to the interview.

Interview Questions

We were relocating to be closer to family. The company I was working for offered to relocate me within the company in the same area. I put off giving them an answer for a week. Tyco finally offered to relocate us but it took a long time to get the package together. In the end, Tyco offered more but I decided to stay with my current employer. I was worried about how big the company is and how fast things would get done. Plus I got to keep my seniority and vacation with my company.

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with Manager and was asked Basic questions. I was asked a lot of scenario questions that was seeing my problem solving and knowledge of job. Wanted to know how many people I have supervised in past as well as the sizes of warehouses.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself.
      What can you bring to company and also some scenario questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tyco (Irvine, CA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 onsite interview..
    I was interviewed by 1 manage and 4 senior software engineer, each one last about 45 mins
    question was around REST API design, unit-test, stress testing, basic data structure, algorithm, multithreading..

relocation

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Dealt with recruiter who arranged meeting with immediate supervisor. Had a nice chat, questions asked and answered, but mostly the idea was to see if we got along. Upon finishing this interview I was asked to wait so the interviewer could get a second person to meet with me, and I me with her manager. We talked again, mostly to see if we got along and were a good fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was with the recruiter who was a Tyco employee.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tyco (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 people in 2 separate visits about a week apart. Initially, I was not offered a position because the process is to meet with several group supervisors to see if any want you on their team. Initially, I was not made an offer until they decided to make an opening for another staff accountant on one particular team then I was called. Considering it was also the Christmas holiday season, this process was very delayed. From the first time I had interviewed until I started to work was exactly a month!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle heavy work loads and deadlines under pressure?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.