UK Ministry of Defence Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

UK Ministry of Defence Interview Questions

Interviews at UK Ministry of Defence

3.1

Freelancer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence.

Interview

Good brith and I had a good rep with the top drass and they sated it my last one and your never work again but will pay you moneys to get buy for the rest of your life and get me a home as well

Interview Questions

• They found out my tracked recored and hirered me   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

It was a remote interview via video conferencing. Bearing in mind the general delays in decision making in Covid-19 times, the time from applying for a job to being invited for an interview (and getting a post-interview feedback) was short. There were three people in the interview panel. I expected more technical questions but I guess due to the nature of the remote interview, it wasn't practical.

Interview Questions

• As specified in the job advertisements, all the questions were related to the specific aspects of the recruitment framework they follow (and which was explicitly stated in the application information) so no surprises really, which really took me by surprise as I expected some technical questions. I was asked to talk about a situaiton when I successfully run a project involving other teams.   1 Answer
    • To talk about a challenging situation and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

DE&S Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence in June 2020.

Interview

Well organised online Zoom assessment centre hosted by the programme lead and external recruiters. Consisted of three phases where exercises were carried out by candidates that were relevant to the role. This lasted all day and ended with an interview session with the programme lead.

Interview Questions

• How would you hold a meeting with a supplier?   1 Answer

Deputy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (London, England).

Interview

Very long interview process including psychometric tests and psychological assessment. However the interview was much shorter in comparison. No feedback provided at outcome which was disappointed since it took three months.

Royal Marines Commando Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, South East England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (Rochester, South East England, England).

Interview

Face to face interview, Maths, English and technical test, fitness test, face to face interview, PRMC 4 day fitness test, Royal Marine Commando training 32 weeks. longest job interview in the world.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the Royal Marines   1 Answer

Defence Analyst Interview

Interview

Multi-stage, thorough process involving multiple written tests, face-to-face interviews involving competency-based questions, and a length vetting process. Generally very friendly, relatively relaxed and not overly challenging. Not great at keeping in touch in the interim stages. Painful online portal

Interview Questions

• Questions related to regional and linguistic capabilities.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

At the first the process was easy however the civil service website doesn’t allow you to upload an entire CV which I can potentially understand. Once you’ve completed the application you are asked to complete 3 tests. Verbal Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning and Civil Service Judgement. I then waited 3 weeks to be selected for an interview. The interview itself was a panel interview which was fine however having 3 people ask you questions can seem slightly intimidating. After I completed my interview I thought it went well however upon receiving my feedback it clearly didn’t. The feedback stated that I didn’t show examples of my skills however the panel didn’t actually ask for any examples, they asked generic questions none of which they asked you to “tell us about a time” “explain how you would do this” so be prepared to tell them everything even if they didn’t ask you an outright question. Feedback turn around time was good.

DE&S Project Professional Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (Bristol, England).

Interview

Submitted my CV and a cover letter, completed 2 online tests - reading comprehension and situational questions. Was then invited to an assessment centre in Bristol. We were split into groups and had to do an interview (I had two interviewers), a group task, a solo presentation and a group presentation. The assessment centre took the entire day.

Interview was very CV based so no questions out of the blue.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Anonymised CV submitted through the civil service jobs portal. Invited to first stage interview based on my subject knowledge expertise. The interview consisted of subject matter questions on the specific region I was applying for followed by a 5 minute presentation and Q&A. This was a fairly rigorous and enjoyable interview. After a couple of weeks I was then invited to a second stage interview based on the civil service success profiles framework. This was a horribly bureaucratic public sector style box ticking interview and left a bad impression with me. Results were sent 3 weeks later by email and feedback was sent another 3 weeks after that.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sutton Coldfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (Sutton Coldfield, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied via civil service jobs website.
    Online applications are assessed and canditates are shortlisted based on their online application for panel interview.
    Highlight your relevant Technical Skills (SQL and Data warehousing) in the application.

Interview Questions

• Competency based and technical questions

What motivates you to work with Defence Infrastructure Organization?
      Why data is important?
      Difference between fact and dimension ?
      Snowflake and star schema?

Try to demonstrate the technical skills from your work experience. Prepare basics of data warehousing and SQL.

Browse defence Infrastructure Organization website and check the LinkedIn profile of the interviewer to understand about the technology they use.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.