UK Ministry of Defence Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 85 of over 85 interviews

Recruiter10%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

UK Ministry of Defence

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence

Interview

Application followed by online interview (due to Covid restrictions). Interview was good, personal and friendly, led by three existing staff, and I felt that it went very well. Received email informing me I had been unsuccessful, with limited feedback. Requests for a quick chat to discuss this met with no response, which bearing in mind the time invested in applying and then attending the interview, was disappointing.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a member of the team that was underperforming
    Answer Question

UK Ministry of Defence

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence

Interview

This was a remote interview via video. Asked questions around all competencies listed and technical areas for your chosen analytical profession. Interviewers were very friendly and made an effort to ease you into the interview itself. Follow up questions for competencies were stretching but never felt unfair or unmanageable. Know your competencies inside and out. Prior to interview there was a psychometric test for those applying on promotion, this was not brought up during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UK Ministry of Defence

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence in Jun 2021

Interview

2 middle-aged guys literally reading questions from a sheet. It was straight to the competency questions - so please prepare examples in using the STAR Format. After competencies, they asked behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UK Ministry of Defence

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9 months. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence

Interview

The interview was a fairly straight forward interview comprised of general questions such as why did you choose to apply for an engineering jobs, as well as questions about the organisation and the role that they play. They then go on to ask skill based questions, i.e. when have you showed leadership, communication, etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UK Ministry of Defence

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence

Interview

I was offered an interview following a quick application process, the interview was about 30 minutes long, a presentation followed by a number of competency based questions which were pretty basic

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (London, England, England)

Interview

The interviews are mainly competency based. Con is that they can take ages to get back to you but a pro is that the work is extremely interesting when they eventually do get back to you and give you an offer

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UK Ministry of Defence

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview was very formal, using tired old questions. This may be of use to the employer as but provides little chance to discuss the role in detail and provides few insights into the suitability of the organisation and the position for the applicant.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to give a senior manager bad news.

UK Ministry of Defence

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence in Jan 2021

Interview

Super lovely interviewers who were supportive and gave great feedback. The typical civil service behaviours are a little difficult to figure out but when you get the general idea it gets easier to answer the questions. Defintely prepare prepare prepare.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UK Ministry of Defence

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence

Interview

Well balanced and professional. Standard civil service questions but done in a manner that made it understood that this was linked to the military and some level of understanding to be had over that in the process.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell us an instance when you were required to ensure a message or material was explained thoroughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henlow, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UK Ministry of Defence (Henlow, England, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

it was good they asked alot of questions and made sure they knew who i was before further considering me for the role. they are very precise and tedious and rightfully so

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 85 Interviews