UKFast.Net Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

UKFast.Net Interview Questions

Interviews at UKFast.Net

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UKFast.Net.

Interview

Basically all was ok no issue was fine can’t complain. Nothing wrong with it and some things there also not bad fine ok fine all good. Some more some good all fine no worries.

Data Centre Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview started with a 10 minute online quiz. The quiz consisted of Maths and English related questions with a focus on number sequences. When submitting the quiz you also have to submit your CV which is standard when applying for jobs. The next day I woke up to a missed call from the recruiter asking me to call back when I was free for a phone interview. I phoned him back a few days later and we had a phone interview just letting him get to know me, my personality, my aims and goals in life etc. The next call I got was about a week later, this time it was to invite me to my first stage interview. The interview took place around a week after the phone call and was to complete a personality test and to meet the manager of the Data Centre. The personality test was just a standard one that a lot of companies use, you can find the test online to practice. The test also included another Maths and English quiz, this time however it was to see how many questions you could answer out of 13 in 13 minutes, I think I only managed to answer 7. When meeting the head I was firstly asked to tell him about my life, where I am and how I got here. Next I was asked to explain how I first realised what I was applying for was what I wanted to do as a career and to tell him about when I first found an interest in that field. When the interview was over I was told to expect another phone call in the next few days. When I finally call the phone call a few days later, it was to invite me to a 2nd stage interview where I would be meeting the Managing Director of the company. When I got to the interview I was brought to an open spaced part of the building where I would be having my interview. The first half I basically had to repeat what I had said in my first interview, about my life and my interests etc. The second half of it was going through my personality test results. The MD had all my results and was questioning certain parts of it, it was my job to quickly explain why the results where that way. Some of the test answers seemed to contradict each other, I explained that it was because my personality changes from home life to work life. The answers I gave to his questions seemed to make him happy as I was able to quickly come up with them. When the interview was over, it was quite a while until I heard back from the company. It was about 2-3 weeks later when I had a phone call letting me know I had been successful in getting the job and congratulating me, they also went over my salary and benefits etc. They ask you to complete a DBS check ASAP before any contract is signed. That was the end of the interview process and the start of a new career.

Interview Questions

• When did you first realise you were interested in technology?   1 Answer
    • How do you keep up with news and information about the latest technology?   1 Answer
    • Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Graduate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

Interview

The whole process (from applying online - receiving an offer) took 12 weeks (Christmas included). It was all pretty straightforward, with an online numerical test and a personality quiz as part of the online application. I was then invited to an interview where I had to complete several tests again (numerical, reading, logic, personality). I would say what I appreciated the most was that they take the time to explain your results from the test (super great insight). I was then invited to a second interview over the phone where they explained more about the role. A week later I received an offer! Overall, the process was similar to other graduate job applications, but I found it really valuable that they sat down with me to explain my results and what that says about me.

Junior Windows Sever Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England) in September 2019.

Interview

There was an initial application on the company website, a few day later I received a telephone call from their head recruiter. The format of the telephone call was that of a friendly chat were I was asked to express what motivated me to work for UKFAST. I was also given information about the benefits and the culture of working for the company which I was most impressed with. At the end of the telephone call I was advised that I would would be sent an e-mail with details on how to attend the stage one interview.
    Upon arriving for my stage one interview I was met by the recruiter I had spoken to on the phone who was very friendly and professional. After a brief chat I was taken into a room and sat at a desk with a computer where I would take my aptitude and psychometric test. I was very impressed that they took my declaration of having dyslexia so seriously and even allowed me to skip the numeracy aspect of the test as this was an area that my dyslexia heavily affected. Additionally I was told not to worry about it and that they had been grateful I had come forward with this information. I would suggest therefore that if you do have a problem such as dyslexia to declare it since they are so understanding.
    The aptitude test concluded rather quickly time really can fly apparently. The psychometric test took around 40 minutes to complete and like the aptitude test was in a multiple choice format.
    After completing the test I was invited upstairs where I also met with the head of the department. The next 30 minutes were spent discussing my motivations and aspirations, in turn I was given a lot of information about the company, its culture and emphasis on employee development. I was not directly asked about my past experiences and upon steering the conversation into that area myself I picked up on a vibe that they were more about ones personality at this stage. I feel it worthy to comment that if you're someone from a background where you don't have tons of experience but possess a flare and appetite to develop and grow then this can be an extremely refreshing interview format. On the flip side however if you are indeed a candidate with a lot of history then I fear one could easily misconstrued this somewhat exotic format into being overlooked on their achievements. I suggest this purely as a point of consideration rather than that of criticism. As a final point on this matter I have to admit I was rather surprised when my partner whom also applied for for the same position was turned down on the basis of not having the same level of experience as another candidate. Up until this point I had perhaps been under the misapprehension that a significant amount of merit in the assessment criteria came from the results of the various tests carried out, which my partner had apparently performed well in. This lead us both to question whether during the interview process if there was more of an emphasis on us to steer the direction of the interview? and to perhaps subsequently really get into our past skills and experiences.
    In the end I decided to accept a job with another company however my partner was very disappointed not to be taken on. I think its important to stress however that this disappointment was a positive emotion in the sense that it was generated by not being able to work for such a refreshingly different and vibrant company which my partner felt really cared about his ability to grow instead of what he had on his CV like so many others. Even the fact that the CEO seems to take such a personal interest in his staff and sometimes even candidates as you will see from other comments left on Glassdoor left us both hoping that maybe in the future our paths with this company will cross again.

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

Not worth it. They take up a huge amount of time on a questionnaire rather than speaking to the candidate to understand who they are, that can only tell you so much.

Technical Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England) in June 2019.

Interview

I heard about this company through a university jobs conference that UKFast was being showcased at (along side many others).

I simply filled in an application online and got a call in the following days from a nice lady asking me to attend an assessment day.

Coming from somebody who has never had an interview for a job in their life (I've been working in a family business since the age of 14) this was super relaxed. I was really nervous and not quite sure what to expect from the whole day, but I met a couple of old friends from my high school and college which was great and this seemed to calm my nerves a bit. (Manchester really is a small town)

After a couple of tests (psychometric) (which seemed similar to the ones we did online while applying) we were then given 10 minute one-to-one interviews.

I feel the one to one interviews went smoothly and it was very comfortable joking around with them like as if they were my friends rather than feeling like I had to be reserved. At the time, this did feel very reassuring, especially to end the assessment day on such a good note.

However, it seems like they are looking for people with a strong passion for not just the role they are capable of (or in my case, I just guess my anxious nature drove them away?) and they do get a LOT of applications so I'm glad I got as far as I did.

IT Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England) in June 2019.

Interview

the interview process went smoothly, went until the final stage and completed aptitude test, Tina interview and was told I have a very desirable skillset before being turned down by the lead team

Telemarketer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UKFast.Net.

Interview

Went through 3 stages of the interview process. Inital phone call, Skype call and a group assessment at the office. The process lasted about 3 weeks and overall it was a good experience.

Graduate Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UKFast.Net in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Within the next week I had a phone call and a face time with a lovely member of the graduate recruitment team. Then I was invited to a assessment day, here we took part in an 1.2.1 interview, team building and an online personality test, finished off with a tour of the offices. The assessment day was a good experience and everyone on this day was very warming. I then got offered a final interview and this is where the process went down hill. To begin with one individual was extremely late for the interview which lead to her work colleague having to already start. It is nice that the interview is ‘informal’ but there is informal and then unprofessional. The lady who was late was rude, paid attention to other things around her rather than the interview itself, swore within the interview and was generally very unprofessional, however the other lady who took the interview was lovely. I was then told I would receive feedback on my interview in the next few days, I never did. This led to me chasing it up (knowing I hadn’t received an offer however, would like some feedback on where I could improve). A random person who I had not met in the process rang me back to tell me they wasn’t quite sure why. They then came back with a different individual who I had previously met with some feed back saying that they wasn’t sure why I didn’t get the role and they thought I was perfect so couldn’t offer me any feedback. How does that make sence? I would not have liked to work along side the lady who made a good process with nice people, unenjoyable and very disappointing for a company that rave about their employees.

However, looking at their Glass Door reviews I would be sceptical about taking up a role with them. And now have a job with a company who didn’t swear within my interview.

Thank you for the opportunity UKFAST however, some advice would be to keep clean up your recruitment process.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was an assessment day they consisted of presentations, group tasks, an aptitude test, and finally a 1 on 1 interview. The day began at 8 am, we were then invited into a presentation room where we were shown a video along with the job role being explained in depth. Afterwards, we were split off into groups, 1 group would do team tasks together whilst the other complete their aptitude tests. The two groups would switch and do the tasks in which the other group had just completed. Following this, each candidate had a 1-on-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could be a celebrity, who?
      Now as this celebrity, argue your point as to why you should be one of two people to be allowed on a life raft. (All candidates are meant to be stuck on an island and only two can go on the raft to get help).   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.