UPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Feb 2017
1,754 Interview Reviews

1.9

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was basically a background check. Beyond the questions online about availability, we received a quick overview of the job, and then scheduled a one-on-one meeting where we entered our various identification information and if we were "cleared," we moved to a computer room to finish our application. The computer based form consisted of more government required information (veteran status, ethnicity, etc.), some tax options (deductions, etc.), review of UPS policies (the usual work place policies around harassment and discrimination), and more personal contact information (emergency contact, etc.).

FYI....the scheduled one-on-one meeting could have happened that same day of the job overview but I had not scheduled the extra 2-3 hours required. When I did return for the one-on-one, it took about 2 hours because they only had 2 staffers working the process. I spent most of the time waiting.

Interview Questions

• What is your SS#? What is your Driver's License #?   1 Answer

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

They called went to interview, got the job. Then stared the very next week. Had an orientation first.Then pick my location to start pickups. Then stared working there the next day. It was no problem. Thats how it works.You pick your profession, wait for them to call you. It dosn't take very long neither. Sometimes they call you the same day.I'm excited to see what eles they have to offer

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work so many hours a day and week.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Atfer we get your background check back, we'll call you.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (West Springfield, MA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

When I arrived, I sat in a room with a bunch of other people. You are asked to sign in. No one had a pen. The HR staff doesn't really describe what's going to happen so you basically just wait until they come in They call you one by one for a short 5 minute interview. Afterwards, they ask you if you can come back for training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Season Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Ventura, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

We were to sit in a group outside the UPS center and a HR rep would give us the description of the job.
    After that we were each called one by one (at random) for a quick interview.
    Since the center was understaffed we were chosen based on availability.

I have been to two of these sessions. The first, for Ventura UPS, the HR representative was almost an hour late, spoke to the group for half an hour before doing individual interviews. His interviews were around 10 minutes each. I, unfortunately, had to leave due to a doctor appointment so I never was interviewed.

The second session was with a representative from Newbury Park. He was on time and his group talk was short, and his interviews took no more than 5 minutes a person.

Interview Questions

• What times are you available?

Are you comfortable with lifting and carrying multiple packages at once?

Do you have a cell phone?

Would you prefer the driver helper or the package handler position? (Only because I applied to both)
      Answer Question

Drive Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ceres, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Ceres, CA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

well this job seasonal so the main thing was been reliable and want to work, can in next day for organization. This how it went did the application on Sunday. Got a interview Monday morning when to organization on Tuesday did all paper work and got my unforn. was on call

Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Lenexa, KS (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and later I met with a recruiter at a job fair.

Next, I was contacted on by a representative from UPS. In his voicemail messages, he mentioned that I had been selected for a phone interview. I returned the call and he explained the position. I confirmed my interest and we had an interview with other engineer at their facilities. After the interview, I did a test on site.

Next day, I called the HR representative but he never returned my calls nor answered any of my voicemail messages or emails or contacted me about the position. I guess that is why I see the same jobs posted over and over again. I consider this to be a highly unprofessional practice considering those that are being ignored are hopeful of potential future employment when receiving the call from HR. Then, to be completely ignored in borderline reprehensible. This practice has also appeared to instill a very unfavorable impression of UPS profession.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to work on the weekends?   1 Answer

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Roswell, GA (US)).

Interview

We waited in a small trailer by security and were called in and had to produce 2 forms of ID. Asked a few questions then went to a computer and filled out some tax questions and made agreements that we understood their policy on sexually harassment and workplace violence etc..

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was a group tour, then questions, then one on one interviews. Very quick, to the point. We were shown the layout of the place. Instructed a few basic yet very important safety tips.

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

After applying on UPS's website I was directed to schedule an "interview" (a tour of the facility). I guess the goal of this tour is to scare people away who don't quite know what they are getting into with the working conditions, hours, and pay. They let us know up front we only get paid $10 per hour, we will get at least 3 hours a day and as many as 5. We were told that part-time workers are required to work at least a year or they would be considered a negative re-hire and never be able to work there again. We were also told that we could apply for other positions in the building after a year, but that once we do so it may be a 5-7 year wait because of union seniority.

After the tour they take questions and schedule one-on-one interviews. At this interview is where you learn how staunch the hours are and how if your "available" hours don't match their fixed shift hours, to include their flex hours, than you may need find another job. I did my research ahead of time and knew all about the union fees that would be taken out every check, but when I asked the interviewer he dodged the question.

So, $10 and hour, minus union fees = $9 an hour for a minimum of a year where I can put my name on list where I have to wait 5-7 years to move up? Thanks, but no thanks. I can easily find a job making $12 an hour w/o the union fees. If your financially desperate enough or need quick cash (fast hiring process) go for it, otherwise wouldn't recommended this job.

Seasonal Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Gainesville, FL (US)).

Interview

Group of 6. Invited to warehouse, given brief explanation of job, requirements, and expectations of us. Total of about 5 minutes. Then interviewed individually.

Interview Questions

• Asked how we heard about job. Why we wanted a job. If I could drive a manual vehicle. What experience I had driving. If selected would I be available to go to Jacksonville for 1 week driver training.   Answer Question