UPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 Oct 2017
2,046 Interview Reviews

1.9

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Redmond, WA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. At the end of the online application I was given two time slots to choose from for a on-site interview. I applied on a Monday and the interview was on Thursday of the same week. At the interview there was three other guys. Someone from HR greeted us and took us on a tour of the facility. Showed us a full truck getting ready to leave. Even let us check out the computer program with a routes information on it. Then we went up to the breakroom. It was there she laid out exactly what to expect in the process. This included starting pay, a brief overview of benefits, and the onboarding process. The basic road map is as follows:
    - Apply Online
    - Interview(tour and then 1 on 1's) Wait for a phone call if you made it through the first steps.
    -Driving test(to see if you can handle driving their manual transmission trucks)
    - DoT Physical/Background Check
    -40 hours of training (She said there's lots of videos and study guides to learn)
    -30 day probationary period(Where you go out with a supervisor everyday until you can run a route by yourself)
        This is where she says she looses the most people. In this location(Redmond,WA there's only four training routes. Sometimes there's a wait list for said routes. Could be a few days or a month. This downtime is unpaid.

It definitely seemed from the HR lady and in talking with other guys that are drivers that this 30 day probation is tough. But if you make it through and they feel good about your performance you are then officially a employee. and they let you loose on a route of your own, by yourself.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

First we went on a tour of the package facility which was alright. Then there was a short 10 minute, individual interview with someone who works at UPS. They were very honest that during the holiday season, you have to work extra long hours.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Fredericksburg, VA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

There were 10 candidates scheduled at the same time for my site tour and 1 on 1 interviews. The job posting was listed as full-time driver. Upon arriving at the site, the HR representative came out and explained to the group that they were only hiring for coverage drivers, we wouldn't receive benefits, and we would be laid-off in 3 months time. After that she said we'd have the option to apply for a part-time package handler position which only guaranteed about 15 hours a week. She asked who would like to remove their name from the list and all 10 candidates removed names. We all walked out to the parking lot and left. While leaving, the HR representative apologized and continued to tell us how great a company UPS was and that they really needed drivers...

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS in August 2017.

Interview

For this position you are started off with a tour of the facility. You will be asked to wait outside if you arrive early. This is a test to see if you can endure the temperature prior to walking through the extremely hot facility. You will be given a run down of all the benefits and opportunities available, then taken to each station and given an brief explanation of the job function while standing in the hottest part of the location. This is to make sure you want this job.

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Rancho Cucamonga, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was an easy interview. Did it online and they called me. I was nervous at first but over came the fear. Now I'm waiting for them to call me. So that I can continue my interview process

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself as a team player   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS in August 2017.

Interview

They sit you in a room with other people looking for the same position. The hiring manager walks the group around the facility and shows what a typical day looks like. Then the hiring manager interviews people one-on-one, based on who arrived first. DO NOT waste you time applying if you cant work JUST morning (3:30 AM - 8:30 AM), JUST day (11:00 AM - 4:00 PM), or JUST night (5:00 PM - 10:00 PM) shifts as this job does not have much of a flexible schedule.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle the two weeks of intense training?   1 Answer

User Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Timonium, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Timonium, MD (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

1. Phone screening with recruiter.
    2. Recruiter follows through with hiring manager.
    3. After manager approval, recruiter scheduled interview.
    4. Interview #1 (15 people/ 3-4 at a time in a conference room)
    5. Part ways
    6. Recruiter calls back and sets another interview (if they are interested in candidate) (5 new people and same people from last interview)
    7. Relax after very intense interviews.
    8. Recruiter calls back with decision.

UPS Preload Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Edison, NJ (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Easygoing. You choose your Date/Time for your interview when you apply via the UPS website. General directions on how to reach the location are given along with what to bring and wear.

Interview Questions

• Age, ID, Birth Certificate, why you want to work here, availability, etc.   1 Answer

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Aurora, IL (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Panel interview. You had to interview with multiple people. There was a lot of waiting between interviews. Then they were asking some of the same questions the previous person did. Then no follow up.

Hub Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Riverside, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Panel of 2. Initial brief about the company. Then told a little about myself. Then went into a period of questions and answers for about 10 mins. Was pretty close to just being a casual conversation. Interviewers seemed to be honest and straightforward. Good experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain how my experiences would help me be successful at this position.   1 Answer