US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

US Department of Veterans Affairs Interview Questions

Interviews at US Department of Veterans Affairs

2.8

Registered Nurse Interview

Interview

Telephone interview with Performance Based Interviewing questions.
    Share with me an example of an important personal goal that you set, and explain how you accomplished it.
    Lead me through a decision-making process on a major project you’ve completed.
    Have you ever had many different tasks given to you at the same time? How did you manage these?
    Give an example of a time you had to make a difficult decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to use your communication skills in presenting complex information. How did you determine whether your message was received? (With the original question you are assuming the person did understand.)
      Lead me through a decision-making process on a major project you’ve completed.
      Give an example of a time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Medical Records Technician Interview

Interview

Three people took turns asking me questions about situations I'd been in, servicing patients, and release of information. Applied online and got referred in 2 weeks. interviewed 2 days after I was notified of my referall

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a person that was being difficult   Answer Question

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I applied on USA jobs and was referred to the hiring manager about 3 weeks later I got an email stating that I was selected for the interview. Fast forward a couple months later I received an email asking if I was still interested in the position. A virtual interview was set up it was a panel of 3 asking behavioral questions. I know I’m not going to be selected because my interview skills are not all that great but I’m an awesome worker. Also the manager wished me good luck on my job search so that was another sign. I did appreciate the opportunity to be interviewed however.

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Amarillo, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The interview process was long and they asked the toughest questions the could. The only way to get a job here would be to know someone and not be who you are.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what a skills you can contribute to our team.   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

emailed me beforehand asking me to pick a time slot for an interview. 15-20 minute interview, online via facetime. with 2 interviewers. Asked me why I am choosing the VA and why I want to work with veterans.

Interview Questions

• When will you take the NCLEX   Answer Question
    • Tell me some of your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Two patients one with chest pain and one with shortness of breath who do you go to first   Answer Question
    • What are your top 3 units of choice   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for our organization and why do u want to work with veterans   Answer Question

Housekeeping Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Hampton, VA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was simple. Two people taking turns asking questions. A total of six questions. All questions were tell us a time when you XYZ. Interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you failed at something and how you learned from this failure?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you had to get a task done is a short time frame and how you accomplished the task?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

The interview was through a FaceTime call with a Talent Acquisition member and a charge nurse. Both were busy taking notes on a packet of pre-written questions. Did not really acknowledge what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a patient’s family was dissatisfied with your care. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Advanced Medical Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs.

Interview

After applying online and and receiving en email that I was eligible for the job, I received a phone call to set up my phone interview. Phone interview consisted of panel made up of 5 people who each asked one question each.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time from work where you know you were right, but your supervisor asked you to do something different?   2 Answers

Medical Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with two individuals who took turns asking questions for each phase. The questions were targeted to highlight aspects of your previous work experiences and how you were able to handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Department of Veterans Affairs in May 2020.

Interview

I am new graduated and aplied in April, get an email for phone interview in May. The HR contacted me 10days after the interview.
    The whole phone interview is smooth and there are 3 senior technologist will ask you so many different technical problems. All about trouble shooting and short answer questions cover bloodbank, chem and micro. For new grad, know all the instruments and analyzer you've used in your clinical rotations and study ahead a little for preparation!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.