US Naval Research Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 26 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Naval Research Laboratory

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Washington, DC)

Interview

There is a long hiring process but I believe there was only one phone interview and one in-person interview with the head of that department. It was an intern position so the interview wasn't too challenging. They were looking for a positive attitude, willingness to learn, ability to be independent as well as cooperate. They wanted to see basic knowledge & understanding of relevant technical skills & concepts.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Describe challenges you faced while completing a school project and how you handled them.
    Answer Question

US Naval Research Laboratory

Application

I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory

Interview

In person interview and research talk about graduate work on scientific progress with multiple scientist in targeted group. Consisted of both new and existing staff as well as some management.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Phoneton, OH) in Feb 2021

Interview

Quick interview about personality and if I am available. Nothing technical. They just asked if I had any experience and if I would be a good fit for the job and why.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Washington, DC) in Jan 2020

Interview

Set up a time to visit the lab. Was flown out to visit. Gave and hour seminar on the work I was doing in which the group was interested in. Had individual meetings afterwords.

Interview Questions
  • What skills have you gained in your degree?

US Naval Research Laboratory

Application

I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory

Interview

The interview atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. It had standard interview questions with why I was interested. I heard back from the interviewer in a few days via email.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Naval Research Laboratory

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory

Interview

Interview with a presentation component, very straight forward meeting with a presentation following regarding past work and other experiences relevant to the position. Other members from similar divisions joined to ask questions pertaining to the area of application.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Naval Research Laboratory

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory in Dec 2018

Interview

I applied online and received an email later from someone at the lab requesting a phone interview and they provided the time. A few weeks after the interview, they get back to you on your acceptance, or denial.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Monterey, CA) in Oct 2017

Interview

Went over my resume and went over the technologies I knew, very casual. There was no technical interview. Between the interview and getting hired it takes a long time, they do a thorough background check and you have to go through multiple training exercises.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Washington, DC) in Oct 2017

Interview

The interview was basically a repeat of my PhD defense without the added stress of trying to get the PhD. The interview process was mostly assessing if I'd fit in with the group.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you fit in this group? How can you contribute to this group? What are your long term goals (trying to see if you want to pursue academia or national lab research)?

Anonymous Employee in Stennis Space Center, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Stennis Space Center, MS) in Oct 2016

Interview

I was never interviewed for this position. They apparently "don't have time to interview all their interns" and just hire interns based on the strength of their resume and recommendations. I was called less than a week after I applied and offered the job. Within two weeks I had completed the new hire paperwork (a 127 page form, plus others), and was working. I worked there for more than six weeks before I even met my supervisor.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Interviews