US Naval Research Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

US Naval Research Laboratory Interview Questions

Interviews at US Naval Research Laboratory

2.2

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. It had standard interview questions with why I was interested. I heard back from the interviewer in a few days via email.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory.

Interview

Interview with a presentation component, very straight forward meeting with a presentation following regarding past work and other experiences relevant to the position. Other members from similar divisions joined to ask questions pertaining to the area of application.

NREIP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email later from someone at the lab requesting a phone interview and they provided the time. A few weeks after the interview, they get back to you on your acceptance, or denial.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was basically a repeat of my PhD defense without the added stress of trying to get the PhD. The interview process was mostly assessing if I'd fit in with the group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit in this group? How can you contribute to this group? What are your long term goals (trying to see if you want to pursue academia or national lab research)?   Answer Question

Student Trainee(Software Engineering) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Monterey, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Went over my resume and went over the technologies I knew, very casual.
    There was no technical interview.
    Between the interview and getting hired it takes a long time, they do a thorough background check and you have to go through multiple training exercises.

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very brief interview for my position. I had to send in a cover letter and resume to the hiring manager and had a quick 25 minute phone conversation about my experience and how I am a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience do you have to this job?   1 Answer

Computer Science Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stennis Space Center, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Stennis Space Center, MS (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was never interviewed for this position. They apparently "don't have time to interview all their interns" and just hire interns based on the strength of their resume and recommendations. I was called less than a week after I applied and offered the job. Within two weeks I had completed the new hire paperwork (a 127 page form, plus others), and was working. I worked there for more than six weeks before I even met my supervisor.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Received an email requesting interview. Interviewed at campus with boss. They asked many behavioral questions and toured me around the building and introduced me to various people. There were no technical questions that they but they did ask about my prior internships and prior hands-on experience.

Interview Questions

• If a senior engineer kept correcting your design iterations but you think one he said to redo was the best, what would you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory.

Interview

After applying online if you get an email from an employee who works there, you're already in the program. The "interview" they want to schedule with you involves mostly the employee talking about his or her work, and asking you if you think it's interesting. You could get 1-4 interviews, but you don't get to choose which employee becomes your mentor.

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Just asked a few questions about some projects I had listed on my resume. Mainly spent time explaining the benefits of working there (they would pay for my masters degree). Very straightforward

Interview Questions

• Explain some more about this project you have listed on your resume? How did you implement it? How exactly does it work?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.