US Naval Research Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

US Naval Research Laboratory Interview Questions

Interviews at US Naval Research Laboratory

2.3

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

Recruited straight from undergrad, did not do a co-op as many others had. I was told initially that they wanted me and had a spot, but soon after they lost funding for it. I worked elsewhere for a year, got tired of it, and asked the recruiter (also my future boss) if they had funding for me. After a few weeks and a preliminary background check, I was asked to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• None really, but there were 8-10 people in the room all asking about my research experience as an undergrad and what I could bring to their projects. So no particularly hard questions, just a somewhat intimidating experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer a standard starting salary by major, degree, and department

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory (Washington, DC (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

I received a call about a week after applying. I spoke on the phone with my future employer about my resume, and the interview consisted of no other questions or skills tests. I was summarily offered a position for the winters and summers that I accepted.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Naval Research Laboratory.

Interview

I reached out to my current supervisor directly after meeting with one of his postdocs during a professional meeting. I was invited to the lab to give a seminar and interview with other scientists at the facility. After my interview I was recommended to apply through the NRC Research Associates Program, which, as far as I'm aware, is the only way to obtain a postdoc at the lab. The process was quite involved, involving a proposal for what I would be researching at the laboratory. Once accepted, the last hurdle involves obtaining a security clearance, which is also rather involved. In the end, there is some great work being done here and the salary far surpasses that of university postdocs. I have recommended colleagues to apply.

Interview Questions