USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at USAA

1,093 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Went to the university fair and talked to them. Invited me for an campus interview next day asked 5 questions. They were not to bad. They see if you are good fit with culture as well.

Interview Questions

• First was about that academic achivements good for role. 2 team work questions. One simple coding question and one on system architecture   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a couple of logic questions then later I did an onsite interview with consisted of a couple of logic questions as well as some technical questions. Everything was simple and easy!

Interview Questions

• How would I design a website similar to amazon, what was the process for front end and back end development   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Plano, TX (US)).

Interview

Pros: I never received any canned questions like, “tell me about a time you had to show leadership.” My talent acquisition person was very responsive and friendly. Interviewers were friendly.

Cons: The interview process was very long. Over a two month period I had two phone interviews and an in-person panel interview. Three weeks after that I had an additional phone interview. One would think at that point an offer must be coming but another person was selected. I’ve never gotten that far into an interview process and not received an offer. The length of time they make you wait and the hoops they make you jump through makes you feel like they don’t value you much. Generally, if you see talent you try to scoop them up quickly. Being a veteran didn’t seem to carry any weight there either, which is disappointing for a company that serves those in the military. No one I talked to there and no one I know that works or has worked there is prior service. I think they mostly give veterans entry level jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying? Tell us about what you did in previous roles, etc.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Cordial, but not well structured nor technical and the interviewer seemed more interested in keeping to the allotted 30 minutes. Interviewer did not introduce himself or his role and did not describe the position or responsibilities, but instead jumped right into questions, i.e. Why USAA, describe an algorithm, etc. , etc. In hindsight, I felt like he was just checking a block on interviewing qualified folks. An uninspiring experience, but at least he could better represent a well-respected company like USAA and feign interest.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a data science problem and what algorithm was selected?   1 Answer

Audit Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX (US)).

Interview

Fairly straight forward interview process. Conducted general HR interview call followed by in person interviews on campus. The team had obviously read through my resume which was a nice surprise as compared to interviews with other teams.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for USAA?
      Why are you leaving your current employment?
      Specific questions about my resume and what I would bring to the team.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

I have my physical interview in a few days, but my phone interview went really well! I applied and received an email about a week later for a phone interview. During that interview they scheduled an in-person interview.

Director, Learning and Development - Technology Workforce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a series of 4 interviews, which included a phone screen with the recruiter, a panel interview with the hiring manager and two 1:1 interviews with folks that would be key partners to the role. I had a great experience with the interviewers. However, the experience at the end of the process could have been much better. I was dispositioned via a system generated email. For high-volume roles, I can understand it might be impossible to connect with every candidate. However, this is an executive level position and there was a significant amount of time invested on both sides. I would have greatly appreciated a phone call to soften the message from the non-personalized email that left me with a very indifferent feeling. I did receive a phone call after forwarding the notification to the recruiter who apologized and let me know I was in fact a strong candidate, but they were able to find another candidate whose skills more closely aligned to the role. I also took some time to share my experience with the recruiter. This was the experience I was hoping for in lieu of the generic email I received. I’m a huge fan of USAA and truly hope your recruiting team will take this feedback to improve the recruiting experience for future candidates.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wylie, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Wylie, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Initially I applied online and it took 2 months to hear from a recruiter. I was already in the process of interviewing for a contract position when I was contacted. They invited me to the campus in Plano for about a 2 hr face to face with the tech lead and one of the Sr Engineers on the team. They asked basic OOP questions, a bit about my background and then there were 3 main points after that. First was doing a class diagram. I kept it simple after asking a few questions about possible future use. Next was a code review on some code they had printed out. You are supposed to review it like one of the interviewers is an intern and you are their tech lead. Nothing major just use your head and look closely. The final question (there are apparently multiple but time only gave for one) they give you a laptop and broken junits you are supposed to get working. You can google or ask any questions. Their java docs are well written and I didn’t need google. Overall this was the best interviewing process I’ve seen since everyone has gone coderpad crazy. Very real world none of the high pressure BS you get in interviews everywhere else these days.

Interview Questions

• About 10-15 icebreaker questions about oop. Standard things like “describe overloading vs overriding” etc   Answer Question

Member Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

First they sent me an assessment via email to complete online, took about an hour for me. Then I got scheduled for a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer was really nice and the questions weren’t too bad. She also went over salary and benefits. As of right now, I’m scheduled for an in-person interview next week. Hope all goes well!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to get a product that they originally didn’t want.   Answer Question

Controls Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Interviewed by phone with the recruiter then onsite at the home office with several people leaders. Each person had different interview questions but the basic theme was past experience and how it would be valuable to them in the role which I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for USAA   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.