Uber Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Uber

3,187 Interview Reviews

2.9

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied on their website. A couple days later, I received an email scheduling a phone interview. After a 30 minute phone interview, I received an email with 4 sections of problem sets from customer service to analytical thinking. After a couple follow-up emails from my end, I was notified about two weeks later that they were not moving forward with my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned form your experiences dealing with unhappy customers?   5 Answers

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Applied online, went through 2 phone screens with HR, given an analytic test, brought in to meet the team on 2 separate occasions. Took a few weeks but finally got the job offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation, gave me right where I asked

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

I submitted an application, they responded by email 3 months later. First there was a phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes and asked very basic first interview questions (tell me about yourself, why uber? tell me about being in a challenging situation and how you overcame it...etc). At the end of this interview they said the hiring process would be 3 weeks total and consist of 2 interviews, a homework assignment, and a group day project with existing employees and other applicants. The homework assignment was a very time-consuming marketing exercise full of hypothetical emails, tweets, blogs, and a "laundry list" of marketing ideas for the company. I kind of think they send this out to a bunch of hopeful applicants with no intention of hiring them just to get free ideas. I submitted the assignment within 3 days of the first interview and received an email a week later saying they are really busy and will get back to me soon. My next email was about a week after that saying it was not the right fit at this time.

Interview Questions

• part of the homework assignment ask specifics about marketing metrics and gave specific numbers and margins to analyze.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Skype interview with HR in San Francisco, she asked basic questions about past experience. Connection malfunctions made it difficult to hear each other. The next step was to fill out an exercise packet of blog examples and email examples to demonstrate writing abilities. Final interview was with the Manager of the local office, also through Skype. The same questions were asked but only minor technical difficulties. She did not seem to look at my resume before hand. I was later denied via email shortly after. They are professional but I do not like Skype interviews, I'd rather have a phone interview, because the camera was turned off anyways. Also I would have rather come into the office for the second interview.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

phone screen, second round video conference. Intial phone screen with university alumni then after about 1 week got back to me to schedule a video conference interview. The phone interview lasted around 40 minutes, and the video conference lasted around 30 minutes. did not really ask about insights or how one can contribute to the company. normal interview questions, strengths weaknesses etc.

Interview Questions

• None, all are expected questions. No insightful questions.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

I interviewed with an HR person in California for my non-CA-based CM position. I was then given a Creative Exercise to complete over the weekend that asked me to respond to customer emails, and tweets and come up with marketing ideas and blog posts. After that I had a Skype interview with the person who currently held my job. After that I had another Skype interview with the new person who held the CM job. Lastly, I was invited to the office for a two-hour interview that included another creative exercise and presentation and then four or five two-on-one interviews with other CMs and employees.

Interview Questions

• Being asked about new ideas for marketing initiatives, and then being asked about how I would evaluate those including data I would need and ideas about who to communicate with about the potential promotion.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Initial phone screening was informal and brief. In line with the other candidates who have posted here, you are given a creative marketing assignment that is a grab bag of customer service replies mixed with different marketing initiatives that you would create, which incidentally some of the information given from my reply were incorporated into live Tweets...
    Once I submitted my creative assignment I never received a confirmation email and had to send multiple emails to the recruiter who kept promising me that feedback would be returned, took a month to be told that I did not fit their mold.

I find it to be very unprofessional to keep telling a candidate that you will receive feedback on a certain date, to then not follow up and keep him or her in the loop.

Interview Questions

• Trying to figure out an ROI for an unknown client base.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Spoke with person for round 1 - after brief 10 minutes he/she said they would be forwarding me the creative assignment. extensive and ridiculous - i should have listened to all of those who came before me - you work hard to only find out that the company couldn't care less and will likely send you some generic email saying they've opted to go with someone else. entire process occurred within 1 month.

Interview Questions

• the creative project is an unethical method of stealing the ideas from those who aren't currently employed with the company. majority of questions on sheet focus on twitter responses, customer service and math.   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber in July 2013.

Interview

I had the same experience as everyone else before me. I wish I'd paid attention to these reviews on Glassdoor before I spent eight hours perfecting the creative exercise they sent me after the first interview.

A second interview was quickly set up, though, this time it was a video interview over Skype with a community manager in the office I was interviewing for. The interview was very short, with no real substantive questions. I didn't feel like I could give very good answers to the same generic questions without being completely redundant. Interviewer seemed to be in a hurry, so there wasn't very much dialogue.

Two days later, I got a generic email from a recruiter in SF saying they wouldn't be moving forward with my application. Pretty disappointing experience, as seems to be the case with everyone else here.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process is a complete waste of time. Believe the reviews on Glassdoor. They do not want to hire anyone unless you are in this position at another extremely successful startup.
    My first interview was with HR. I then received the project that composed of blog posts, emails, marketing ideas and a promotional math problem. I then had a skype interview with no camera on and I could not hear the person on the other end. I then had an in person interview at the San Francisco office. I interviewed with 7 community managers. They never once asked about my past experience or why I believe I am qualified for the position. 3 of the community managers would not even look at me, at least pretend to care! This whole process took about 5 weeks. They then proceeded to use two of my ideas from the project. A week later they got back to me with another project. I refused to move on.

Interview Questions

• They took one of my marketing ideas from the project and wanted me to walk them through how I would do everything to get it to work.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.