Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ultimate Software Interview Questions

Interviews at Ultimate Software

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

1 hackarrank test pretty simple one with 4 questions.
    1 interview with the hiring manager who adam. I really enjoyed talking to him.
    4 interviews a lot of Q and A questions. 2 System Design Interviews. 2 Coding Questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my resume.
      Some in depth java questions.
      Design and API
      System Design a complicated one.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The processes are pretty basic as phone screen, phone interview, onsite. It took about 2weeks and very efficient and very friendly and welcoming, It was a super positive experience overall. Recruiter is very helpful along the way even after accepting the offer

Interview Questions

• very tied to the job description and detailed situational questions   Answer Question

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

What a horrible process - I applied for a DevOps position. A recruiter reached out to me and we had a nice conversation and she setup an interview with the hiring manager. Though there were some issues due to the corona virus situation, there was some rescheduling. The interview ended up being streamlined to the tech interview over video conference pretty quickly. Unbeknownst to me, the DevOps position I applied to changed into a developer position, without letting me know or without even showing me a job description? I ended up not even taking the interview, as I am not a developer! This was my 3rd time interviewing with Ultimate and every time they can’t seem to get it right. The previous times, the job I applied, the company went on a hiring freeze after going through multiple rounds of interviews, spending 6 hours at their office meeting multiple people and managers - waiting months for this to only be told they are now on a hiring freeze. I would have LOVED to work for Ultimate, but honestly, after this, I will probably never apply for them again. Very sad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Ultimate Software Response

23 Mar 2020 – Social Media Business Analyst

Your feedback is valuable and helps us continuously improve. Please email us at techcareers@ultimatesoftware.com if you would like to share any additional details. Thank you!

Software Engineer-III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me regarding the opportunity after reviewing my career history on LinkedIn. Once we communicated about the position, it was clear that this role aligned well with my skill set, so we continued the process.

There were two interviews: a general interview with the team and manager revolving around my work history and a technical interview with more team members, covering a multitude of topics.

I also met with the Senior Director after the interviews, where I was given an overview of the types of projects that I would be involved in.

Overall, the process was excellent! It also progressed quite quickly. The recruiter stayed in constant communication and kept me in the loop whenever there were substantive updates to relay. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the team as well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Went to a career fair at school, took an online test, and then a round of technical interviews. The whole process was extremely easy and they kept in contact the entire time

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL (US)).

Interview

Had a brief phone screening and within a week was brought into their office to do a series of interviews with different members of the team I was interviewing with. Heard back within a few days and was formally offered a position within a week

Interview Questions

• How would you debug an issue where database queries are taking longer in production than in development   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a situation where your superiors commit to a decision you disagree with and you already voiced your disagreement   Answer Question
    • Very basic programming questions   Answer Question
    • Experience with various technologies like kubernetes, cloud tech, etc.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied through Linkedin and received an email from the recruiter. She scheduled a phone call with me where we discussed about the role and my background. After the phone call, she told me to take a test through Hackerrank. The test included a question on designing the algorithm for an elevator and writing the business requirement. I submitted the test and the recruiter told me that the hiring manager would like to speak to me over the phone. After a week, the phone interview was scheduled where the hiring manager explained to me about the role. She asked me about my background and a few behavioural questions. The interview went quite well. I had prepared a lot and read as much as I could about the company, their work culture and the product.
    The hiring manager told me they will get back to me after two weeks as they were going for an offsite. I mailed the recruiter after two weeks and she told me that the hiring manager has positive feedback about me. She told me that by the end of the week I will be informed about the next steps. To my surprise, by the end of the week, the recruiter informed me that the requirement has changed and they are not considering me for the role. Instead, they have decided to keep searching. I was dejected and hurt to see the email and couldn't understand why did they change the requirement at the last moment. I didn't expect such an irresponsible behaviour from a company of such repute.

Interview Questions

• Why ultimate software? Why this role? Previous experience. How do you manage the expectation of stakeholders?   Answer Question

Ultimate Software Response

23 Mar 2020 – Social Media Business Analyst

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us. Our goal is to continually improve. Please email us at techcareers@ultimatesoftware.com if you would like to share any additional details or insights. Thank you!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Alpharetta, GA (US)).

Interview

Completely a digital process. I had a total of 2 take home test and 2 interviews online with developers from Canada.

The test and interview questions were all java based, I just went over what I did for the projects I turned in, think of it as an demo over a project.

Overall a decent experience, they lowballed the offer and I declined. In my experience they will not negotiate the presented offer further, they gave me an “elevated junior rating”.

Interview Questions

• A hacker rank marathon of 7 questions, real basic stuff.   Answer Question
    • A take home project which dealt with java and spring boot   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waimea, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Waimea, HI (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I submitted my application online and Kathy (recruiter) contacted me to see if I’m available to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. The process from the beginning to the end is well organized and Kathy made
    sure that I am aware of what’s going on.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest achievement?   1 Answer

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I had one phone interview, one video record interview, then the final in person/office interview.
    The final interview you are paneled by 3 people, I was an employee at Ultimate hoping to change departments.

I have worked with Ultimate for more than a year. I understand the programs and the functionalities of the company. I am probably more technologically and culturally more savvy than most people they hire. Apparently, working at Target is more qualified than having a bachelors and a years worth of business experience. Interview process is more based on culture than experience, good luck on maintaining a stable business if you hire primarily uneducated people.

Was told that "I repeated examples" when they repeated the same questions just worded differently.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities you see in yourself for this position?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.