Unilever Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Unilever Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Unilever

3.4

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Typical on campus interview. We went over my resume and was asked about leadership... "tell me about a time", etc. A lot of behavioral questions. Very few questions about the company and the actual position. One question was technical, asking about what I did to understand marketing and how I would contribute, but other than that it was all about leadership and examples of taking initiative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision in a short period of time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Unilever

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

After having completed an online application full of documents and details, I have been contacted the day after by a HR employee asking to set a phone interview for the day after. Almost one hour of phone interview to assess some personal skills and to ask me situational questions and "which was a situation where you have proved that..."
    They told me that I could write them for any kind of questions also after the interview, and that the results would be available in 3 weeks

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long and was mainly behavioral. I was also asked to critique a few advertisements. The interviewer was very nice, but it seemed like they really wanted succinct and direct answers since the interview was so short. I did not receive an offer from them.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Very qualitative and easy. Only 1 round on campus. Found out quickly about my status and was in constant communication. People were extremely friendly and it was an all around great process. 1 interviewer pretty high up

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unilever (Lisle, IL (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Very bizarre interview. After a phone interview with HR and in person with the hiring manager, I was asked to complete a case study within 12 hours (I was called at home at 7AM with this request) so there would be something to discuss at the next panel interview. The case study was one page and had several errors in it. The HR assistant who sent it over was unable to answer any questions about it and didn't know how to get corrections to the things that were clearly in err.

The panel was with an HR director and hiring manager who were half hour late and seemed very lethargic. They asked for a presentation of the case study and then asked very few questions about it, instead going back to the generic questions answered at the first interview.

The hiring manager described the role as very tactical with all strategic work handled from corporate headquarters in Europe. She did not seem very excited about the job (or hers) though she was very nice.

While I was not offered the position, I would have declined it if I did. Seemed like a very low energy, complacent work environment with not much going on.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Unilever in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online and that same day I got moved to level 2 which is online games that reveal your personality traits. If your personality traits match what the company wants, you move on to level 3 which is a digital interview using hirevue. You have 7 days to complete the interview from receiving the email.
    The hirevue questions were three situational questions and a case study. You get three retries, which is good but it is still difficult. I was very surprised I did not get any behavioral questions and wish I did. However, the morning after I did my hirevue interview I got my results so there is very fast turnaround.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, found it weird that I didn't have to send in a CV or cover letter at all. Told to play games to demonstrate that I was a good fit, got decent results, did not make it. I think it's ridiculous that a position that requires prior experience is gated off by not prior experience or qualifications, but some random games that didn't entirely make sense. Avoid.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

First was a simple application form then move onto to online games which consisted of 12 different games. You get feedback telling you your strengths from the games but I failed at this point.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unilever in November 2017.

Interview

I was invited to "play their games" after passing through the original weed out. Then I "played their games" through Pymetrics, and was rejected based on my inability to click enough for a certain period of time. It was completely absurd how there was no interaction with anyone and how an algorithm could determine my fate.

Interview Questions

• They had me play games online.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Starts with uploading resume, then playing a series of twelve games and then on to a digital interview. Good process, get back to oyu very quickly. Provide a lot of feedback along the way.

Interview Questions

• hypotheticals and case question   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.