Uniqlo European Digital Marketing Manager, London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Uniqlo European Digital Marketing Manager, London Interview Questions

Interviews at Uniqlo

1 Interview Review

European Digital Marketing Manager, London Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Uniqlo (London, England) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on fast retailing website, and waited several weeks before any contact. Contacted by HR assistant, not to arrange an interview but to simply tell me the date the interview would take place and the location. I had to reply within 48 hours with either yes or no, that really should have set alarm bells ringing... The interview was supposed to be 6 days later. I confirmed, but didn't get any form of reply.

On the Monday (interview on the Thursday), they emailed to say that two people who were going to attend couldn't make it, and it'd actually be on a video call. Not ideal, but I assumed they'd have an enormous screen and it would be fine. I replied again, but no response - fair enough

On the Tuesday morning, they emailed to say that the time had been moved until 11am, confirm this is okay. By this point, I'll be honest - I'd become pretty frustrated. I agreed, replied to the email and again had no response. Called on the Wednesday (three times before getting an answer), and they confirmed.

The next day, I turned up just before my interview at 11, sat and waited. At 11.05, someone came in to say that it would be late starting. 15 minutes later, she came back and said another 10 minutes - and the interview didn't actually start until 11.30.

When I went into the room, I realised that not only did they only have a small screen (which meant the two people in Paris were tiny), but the screen sat at a right angle to the lady from HR who sat in the room... making it impossible to look at both.

Questions were okay (very much loved the brand, know the competition etc), but overall pretty basic and I struggled to get across points. That's up until the moment they asked how old I was (illegal), and said how young I looked. Nice touch.

Having left, I decided that the company wasn't for me - but I'd see how the communication went. Two weeks later, I emailed - again no response. Another two weeks passed and I got bored of waiting so withdrew my application on the online system.

On the whole? The worst interview experience I've ever had, downright disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• (considering it's a digital role) What did you think of our store window?   2 Answers
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.