UnitedHealth Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

UnitedHealth Group Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.7

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Chicago, WI (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy Process if you've practiced a few times and put the time in. I would study recent news from our industry. Be prepared to share actual thoughts on current industry related topics, as well as, your own experiences with similar topics. Be able to tell your story well, know where you've been and where you're going.

Interview Questions

• At this level you can forget about the odd questions, like "what type of animal would you be"? More specific to the industry and ones accomplishments.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Hanover, NH (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

3 levels within the interview process. after each one, there is a review period before you move to the next one
    -first send in application
    1. interview video
    2. phone interview
    3. in person interview

Interview Questions

• 1. behavioral interview
      2. why optum
      3. why healthcare
      looking mainly for personality fit and willingness to be challenged and learn   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA (US)).

Interview

The interview process consisted of one over the phone interview with a recruiter, which was followed by several online applications/screens. An in-person interview was set about a week or two later, however HR did not give preference to the times I had requested. Furthermore, of the 4 interviews scheduled for the in-person, two were held over the phone. So, not really conducive to the interview process of taking a whole day off to really meet with two people.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of what a consultant is? How do you conduct a lit review?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Baltimore, MD (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Learned a lot about the company. Complex structure, employees are confused about it too. Interviewer was an employee working remotely. She was enthusiastic and helpful. There's nothing much else to say, but I need 30 words.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position as an internal applicant. The process took about a little over a month from when I applied to when I received the official offer. The first thing that happened was about a week after I applied, I received an email inviting me to complete an interview using HireVue. It consisted of some pretty basic background questions, "why are you looking to change roles"..."what strengths would you bring to this role"...etc. I completed this and about a week after this, the Hiring Manager reached out to me by email and set up a date and time for a phone interview where more of the specifics of the position were discussed and I was asked some more in depth questions about my background and experience (I.e. " tell me about a time when you...."). The questions were not terribly hard and I felt comfortable during the whole process as it just seemed more like I was having a conversation with someone who wanted to get to know me. About a week after this I was notified that I would be completing a 2nd phone interview with another manager, who asked very similar questions. A little over a week went by and I was notified by the first interviewer that the Director of the department wanted to interview me by phone. Again, the questions were fairly similar to my first 2 phone interviews I had but with some more in depth discussion about my experiences as related to this role. All of my phone interviews went really well and I felt great after each one. This was a telecommute position so there was not a face-to-face interview in this process. I spoke the Director on a Wednesday, mid morning, and by that same Friday afternoon I received a verbal offer from HR and a written offer the Monday after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with starting a program from scratch.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I was an internal applicant I knew what the salary ranges were for the different grade levels and my offer was right on par with that so there was no need for negotiation; I feel that I received a fair offer for my education level (Master's Degree), experience, and existing time in with the company.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Convoluted. Arrogant phone interview followed by several rounds of interrogating me about why I chose to major in philosophy as opposed to a more "well-rounded" business subject. I was horrified that the HR rep was so obnoxious. No way in hell I'd ever work at UHG!

Interview Questions

• Why did you major in philosophy?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Got recruited at campus. Attended career fair, 2 rounds of interviews and was given offer letter. Round 1 was behavioral and round 2 was more of a discussion on past experience, 'fit' . Interview questions were standard. Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter interviewed me. It's very friendly and comfortable conversation. Professional recruiter and excellent company culture. Great interview experience. But after two weeks, the position is canceled, which is really sad.

Interview Questions

• pretty basic, such as introduction of background and experience, your knowledge about this company, and what kind of opportunity to grow and develop.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very typical questions from a consulting perspective. The interviewers were all nice and polite and asked very open questions to see where I would take the response.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a time you went above and beyond what was asked of you to complete a task.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Richardson, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Have an interview with the hiring manager, then a panel interview, and if you are selected for the position there is several layers of on boarding. It is easy, but it definitely tedious & there are some items that are time sensitive (drug test).

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.