University of Amsterdam Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 14 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Amsterdam

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam (Amsterdam) in Sep 2020

Interview

Applied online, sending in resume and motivation. Response through e-mail. Invited for online zoom interview, some technical questions regarding subject matter of courses to be taught, dive through CV and some questions regarding experience teaching etc.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have prior teaching experience?
    1 Answer

University of Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam in Nov 2019

Interview

I applied online (CV, letter outlining motivation, skill and experience, and names of two referees). After about a month, I was invited for an interview in person, which took place around three weeks after that. I had to prepare a presentation about my Master thesis research and one about my ideas for the project I was applying for. After that, it was pretty much a standard job interview - concerning my motivation, expectations and prior experience. They offered me the position the day after.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

University of Amsterdam

Application

I interviewed at University of Amsterdam

Interview

I am a student at university of Amsterdam, in 2nd year of masters in artificial intelligence. The program is well crafted and the course contents are in line with current research

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Amsterdam

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam in Sep 2019

Interview

The process was just great! Extremely nice and polite faculty person who held the recruitment process, extremely nice and friendly people in the Skype panel. The questions were mainly related to the Doctoral project proposal, and some of them were very practical - like what will you do during the first month if we hire you? What theories do you plan to use for this project? What is your understanding of this theory in details? The overall vibe of ARTES was just great and felt awesome just to have an opportunity to speak to these people- too bad I over stressed and failed the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is your understanding of “subjectivity” since it is the key concept of the project?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam (Amsterdam) in Aug 2018

Interview

- Selected for interview after application with cover letter and CV - 3 interviewers scheduled, 2 attended - no specific structure, questions about my background and my interest in the position - friendly atmosphere

Interview Questions
  • - Comfort with interdisciplinary research - Data analysis skills - Fit of former experience & dissertations with research project - Willingness to teach - Reasons for my choice of undergrad and master's degree programmes - Questions about particular grades, e.g. why I achieved a very high one on one course

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam (Amsterdam) in Feb 2017

Interview

I had a Skype interview with my academic board. I believe that the have read throughly my application and my research proposal. The questions raised by the examining board indicated their concern upon the feasibility of my three year plan.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam (Manchester, England, England) in Apr 2016

Interview

A skype interview that lasted about half an hour. I did a 5-minute presentation, then they gave me a case and asked me what a forensic scientist would do. This was the difficult part but they did give me hints and agreed I tended to make the situation look overcomplicated. Then there were questions about the motivation to do a masters degree in forensics and why I chose them. It is good to let them know that you "got it" and already know stuff about the field and, most importantly, are willing to learn a lot more. They also asked me about my experience with forensics.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Amsterdam

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam

Interview

The application was very simple to fill out and straight forward with what information they wanted. You could tell they reviewed your information thoroughly before they spoke to you. They asked a lot of situational questions, with a feel behavioral. There was only one interviewer at each stage of the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam

Interview

Initially I had a skype interview, which was mainly about the project details and they tested my Engish skils. After which I was invited for the technical interview at the university. I had to give a presentation about my previous reearch work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam (Amsterdam) in Dec 2014

Interview

1. Skype interview - talked about my previous lab experience. 2. Interview in person - I came to amsterdam. During the interview I was shown the lab. We talked about my background (education), my knowledge of physics, my ability to take a commitment to the project, about the project itself, my personal life, I gave a presentation on what I did in the previous lab.

Interview Questions
  • What would u do in the lab if nothing works
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews