University of Amsterdam PhD Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Amsterdam PhD Student Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Amsterdam

2.2

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online (CV, letter outlining motivation, skill and experience, and names of two referees). After about a month, I was invited for an interview in person, which took place around three weeks after that. I had to prepare a presentation about my Master thesis research and one about my ideas for the project I was applying for. After that, it was pretty much a standard job interview - concerning my motivation, expectations and prior experience. They offered me the position the day after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Amsterdam

PhD Student Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam in September 2019.

Interview

The process was just great! Extremely nice and polite faculty person who held the recruitment process, extremely nice and friendly people in the Skype panel. The questions were mainly related to the Doctoral project proposal, and some of them were very practical - like what will you do during the first month if we hire you? What theories do you plan to use for this project? What is your understanding of this theory in details? The overall vibe of ARTES was just great and felt awesome just to have an opportunity to speak to these people- too bad I over stressed and failed the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of “subjectivity” since it is the key concept of the project?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2018.

Interview

- Selected for interview after application with cover letter and CV
    - 3 interviewers scheduled, 2 attended
    - no specific structure, questions about my background and my interest in the position
    - friendly atmosphere

Interview Questions

• - Comfort with interdisciplinary research
      - Data analysis skills
      - Fit of former experience & dissertations with research project
      - Willingness to teach
      - Reasons for my choice of undergrad and master's degree programmes
      - Questions about particular grades, e.g. why I achieved a very high one on one course   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in December 2014.

Interview

1. Skype interview - talked about my previous lab experience.
    2. Interview in person - I came to amsterdam. During the interview I was shown the lab. We talked about my background (education), my knowledge of physics, my ability to take a commitment to the project, about the project itself, my personal life, I gave a presentation on what I did in the previous lab.

Interview Questions

• What would u do in the lab if nothing works   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Amsterdam.

Interview

It took two rounds of interview for me, a research proposal. Very nice and transparent, merit based interview and selection procedure

Interview Questions

• there were none, as they look more about overall academic track record and fit for position   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, the result of selection was conveyed and I accepted the offer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.