University of Birmingham Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 26 Jun 2018

2.7

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I did a presentation and then answered a series of questions. A lot of were focused on social media and on how to source opportunities in the arts sector. There were about 8-9 questions

Interview Questions

• Have you experience in using social media professionally?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Birmingham in February 2013.

Interview

writing this as a test. this does not represent my views and I have very little to say about the whole process. I enjoyed my placement and the interview was very easy.

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted for interview within two weeks. The interview took one day and consisted of a teaching demonstration followed by 7-person interview panel. The whole process was pretty standard and fairly well organised.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview

Applied via the online recruitment system which was quick and straight forward. Recieved an email a few days later for invite to interview. Interview was straight forward but had 4 people on the interview panel which seemed unnecessary for a technician post.

Lecturer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Birmingham in July 2010.

Interview

I hated every minute of the interview. I did a really bad job at it because I was nervous and unprepared

Interview Questions

• What three courses can you teach?   1 Answer

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a 10 mins interview with the person in charge of ambassadors and another experienced ambassador. They asked me around 10 questions, trying to mainly test my communication skills and the fact that you are able to interact properly with another people. Didn't get the job though, probably I applied to late.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when people are not paying attention to you?   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in November 2011.

Interview

An paper application with several questions about your previous experience with clients, problem-solving skills and working with children/young adults.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a complicated situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview

I completed an online application form via the University careers website. When that was accepted, I then went for a face to face panel interview with the management team. The interview also included a written exercise, which I had to complete on the day at a computer in the manager's office. Throughout the process, I was updated by email on progress.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a fresher who came to you with their book list and wanted you to find all the items?   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Birmingham in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process took two days, A presentation on the most recent and current work was given. I had also one to one meetings with faculty members and other members of research teams.

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Birmingham in September 2016.

Interview

Roughly one month after the application I was called for interview. The interview itself required that I prepare a presentation on how I would approach the research. It went well.

However I did my homework and knew this position was set up for one of the interviewer's PhD students. And later I was told they found a more 'appropriate' candidate.

It's a shame but pretty much standard practice. I spoke to other Professors from my University and they confirmed it. So don't hold your hopes too high.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.