University of Birmingham Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Birmingham Interview Questions

Updated 31 Jan 2018

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview

Applied online, recevied call and interview date agreed. Arrived half hour early. the interview panel was hring manger, HR rep, and another faculty memebr. The interview was professional oriented, quite a few questions were asked about the previous experience. Overall it was nice expereince

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview

I completed an online application form via the University careers website. When that was accepted, I then went for a face to face panel interview with the management team. The interview also included a written exercise, which I had to complete on the day at a computer in the manager's office. Throughout the process, I was updated by email on progress.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a fresher who came to you with their book list and wanted you to find all the items?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I was recommended by a previous employer for the job so had a very straightforward interview with two senior members of management. I was given a contract very soon after the interview

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I did a presentation and then answered a series of questions. A lot of were focused on social media and on how to source opportunities in the arts sector. There were about 8-9 questions

Interview Questions

• Have you experience in using social media professionally?   1 Answer

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted for interview within two weeks. The interview took one day and consisted of a teaching demonstration followed by 7-person interview panel. The whole process was pretty standard and fairly well organised.

Finance Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with three senior members of the team. Made to feel at ease but difficult questions. Was also given 5 questions to answer to relating to finance and previous experience.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was first carried out over Skype. Once shortlisting was done I was called for a personal interview by the Principal Investigator, where a panel of three interviewed for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about the techniques you are proficient with?
      2. Have you previously worked with Drosophila and can you tell about your research?
      3. This research projects may require you to work with confocal microscopy, so do you have experience operating one?
      4. Have you managed PhD or Master or UG students in your previous role?
      5. Can you talk us through your strengths and Weaknesses>   Answer Question

Site Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by an assessment centre (very easy) and short interview (around 20 minutes). Questions were very easy (basic competency questions) and assessment centre was one of those if you were on an island what items would you keep? They are more interested to the reason behind your choices and not the choices themselves

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Birmingham in September 2016.

Interview

Roughly one month after the application I was called for interview. The interview itself required that I prepare a presentation on how I would approach the research. It went well.

However I did my homework and knew this position was set up for one of the interviewer's PhD students. And later I was told they found a more 'appropriate' candidate.

It's a shame but pretty much standard practice. I spoke to other Professors from my University and they confirmed it. So don't hold your hopes too high.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in July 2016.

Interview

properly structured, informed prior in invitation, very clear for their requirement, shortlisted the online applications, sent invitations with detailed JD and interview structure and then face-face interview with group/panel, they did background check in parallel, also contacted referees for detail feedback for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• my experiences and approach to tackle different situations.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.