University of Birmingham Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

Sort:

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I did a presentation and then answered a series of questions. A lot of were focused on social media and on how to source opportunities in the arts sector. There were about 8-9 questions

Interview Questions

• Have you experience in using social media professionally?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Birmingham in February 2013.

Interview

writing this as a test. this does not represent my views and I have very little to say about the whole process. I enjoyed my placement and the interview was very easy.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview

fairly standard interview , emailed by by HR , selected a timeslot online, 3 people on the panel. had an excel and email test. Competency based questions. Used STAR technique

Interview Questions

• how do you manage your workload? what are the challenges that face HE? Can you give me an example where you worked in a team?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Many candidates going for just one position, all attended the interview on the same day at the same time (9am until afternoon)- so really competitive! Started off with a skills test- excel, English test, legislation... Then moved onto group activities; spaghetti and marshmallow tower... and a group presentation on why everyone in the group should get the job.
    Half candidates sent home... other half progressed to have a face to face interview.
    About 4 staff observing you throughout the group exercise.

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in June 2017.

Interview

There were two stages, including a presentation and an interview with a few people. The presentation is an overall demonstration of the three aspects: teaching, research and grant; so does the interview. I was offered feedback so quite grateful for the line manager. I did find networking determined the selection since the candidate seemed very close to a senior member sat at the Panel was appointed.

Interview Questions

• what is your strategy for the grant application?   1 Answer

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted for interview within two weeks. The interview took one day and consisted of a teaching demonstration followed by 7-person interview panel. The whole process was pretty standard and fairly well organised.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview

Applied via the online recruitment system which was quick and straight forward. Recieved an email a few days later for invite to interview. Interview was straight forward but had 4 people on the interview panel which seemed unnecessary for a technician post.

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Birmingham.

Interview

A usual academic interview with an oral presentation and 40 minutes of questions by the panel, consisting of three senior professors. The questions were mainly about the achievements and long-term academic goals, without any technical aspect.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term plans?   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Birmingham in July 2010.

Interview

I hated every minute of the interview. I did a really bad job at it because I was nervous and unprepared

Interview Questions

• What three courses can you teach?   1 Answer

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Birmingham (Birmingham, England) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a 10 mins interview with the person in charge of ambassadors and another experienced ambassador. They asked me around 10 questions, trying to mainly test my communication skills and the fact that you are able to interact properly with another people. Didn't get the job though, probably I applied to late.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when people are not paying attention to you?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.