University of Bristol Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Bristol Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Bristol

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Bristol.

Interview

It was a quick one to one interview, where they ask why you would like to work there. Then there was a scenario re-enactment where they put you in a cubicle and you need to call someone and read off a script to get them to donate.

PGCE Secondary Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol in August 2020.

Interview

A 3 minute summary presentation of a lesson plan followed by a 1 on 1 interview. After the interview is complete there is a piece of work to mark and send back within 30 minutes of completing the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a class that did not want to learn?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Bristol.

Interview

Straightforward online application followed by invitation to give a seminar and offer. The ambience was very informal and welcoming. I was introduced to the research group and had an opportunity to chat with each member.

Interview Questions

• Broad-ranging questions on my speciality (physics) my project for the future and my interest in teaching.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Bristol.

Interview

Online application form and CV submission followed by an invitation to an interview day at the university which was also attended by a small group of other potential candidates. The majority of the day was spent talking to faculty about the their research and learning more about the programme and the interview lasted about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Bristol.

Interview

I had to reply to questions about my previous experience and the reasons why I wanted the position. I also had to give a presentation about my previous research projects.

Career Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol.

Interview

In the actual interview I had to deliver a short presentation on a relevant topic, then answer about 10 questions from a panel of 3 people, and also complete a short e-tray exercise.

Sustainability Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England).

Interview

Was asked to prepare a presentation for the interview. Actual interview was really relaxed and everyone was friendly. 3 people on the panel. Questions were standard job interview questions; i.e time you worked in a team, time you faced difficulties, etc

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the main constraint to sustainability in the University sector?   Answer Question

Cleaner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Bristol.

Interview

Everyone is nice and friendly. Nobody discriminated me as a coloured woman. However, the salary is not too high but reasonable to me. I can survive in the UK with that.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been doing this?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England) in December 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed via Skype by the potential supervisor, another academic member, and the programme director. I was first asked to brief my research, and the following discussion was pretty focused on my proposal. Questions include technical issues of carrying out the proposed research, my motive for pursuing a PhD, funding status, and ethical issues involved (plan B?). It takes for 30 mins, and I was informed of the result about one week later.

Interview Questions

• technical issues of carrying out the proposed research   1 Answer
    • funding status   1 Answer

UBU Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Bristol (Bristol, England) in September 2019.

Interview

3 panel interview - (1st interview), 2nd interview also takes place for successful candidates.
    Relaxed environment, naturally students have a big influence and say in the UBU. Lots of passion for the union.

Interview Questions

• What improvements and new events would you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.