University of Cambridge Communications Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Communications Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

1 Interview Review

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England).

Interview

Applied online on their website, shortly after the post closed heard back via email inviting me to an interview. They said there will be a small test as part of the interview.

This was one of the several interviews I have had for this organisation over the past few years.

I arrived at the venue, only to find out the interview was at another venue where the panel took me, and it took quite a while for them to find the room.

During the interview, the panel focused a lot on why I would NOT be a suitable candidate, and in their opinion I was overqualified, and they seemed to think I would have hard time doing a job that is lower level than me. I explained to them I would not have applied if I was not interested in this position... it seemed as if they had already decided who they were going to pick and they were very biased. This discussion went on throughout the interview and every question followed up with a comment on how each task in the job description would be too easy for me and I would be bored in a week into the job...

I had an opportunity to show examples of my previous work (portfolio), which seemed to confirm their view on how overqualified I was for the role.

After this followed the test which I had one hour to complete. During the test several property staff and repairmen came into the room to repair something which distracted me. The test itself was fairly easy.

The feedback I got was that they thought I was overqualified, over experienced and they took someone with lower set of skills.

Overall I feel it was the strangest interview I have had and at least they should honour the fact that the candidate has spent time applying for a role they are interested in, made the effort to take time off work, prepared for an interview, only to be told off during the interview that they don't have any hope getting this role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? Where do you see yourself career wise in 5/10 years?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about your current relevant experience and the challenges you face.   Answer Question
  • What kind of management style do you like?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a frustrated customer/colleague?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about your time management skills?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.