University of Cambridge Human Resources Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Human Resources Administrator Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

1 Interview Review

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I was invited for an interview.

Upon my arrival I was to request for the HR Administrator who came to collect me from the reception, she took my passport and made a photocopy of it for the right to work document.

I was then taken to a room where I was given 4 Administrative tasks to complete

1. Calculate the hours on 3 timesheets
2. A payroll calculation which was very confusing given the instructions were not clear
3. Send an email to someone to request information needed to prepare a temporary workers agreement
4. Rank scenarios in order of their importance, this would then be taken in with me to the interview room

After 30 minutes I was taken in to the interview room where I was interviewed by 2 women one of which was the HR Manager and the other was the Hub Manager.

They asked a series of questions and at the end I was able to ask mine. They informed me they were interviewing others but they were expecting to make their decision by the end of the day ideally.

After this, I was to have an informal chat with the HR Administrator and a fellow colleague, they were friendly however at some points it was a little awkward since there wasn’t much to say. I had a chance to ask them more questions and I was able to find out the role was made available as the HR Administrator was being seconded for 4 years beginning 1st of August.

I heard back about 3 hours later saying they’d offered the job to someone else and the offer had been accepted.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.