University of Cambridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Interview Questions

Updated 30 Nov 2017

3.1

MRes+PhD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Japan, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Japan, MO (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 staffs in 2 sections each lasted about 20 minutes via Skype. Very fast-paced about 30 basic questions during undergrad. Friendly regardless, was asked different topics when unable to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research project in your undergrad final year. What is your motivation applying for this course.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It took them months to respond, then expect you to be prepared the next day. Interview done via telephone. Simple questions. It is your duty to keep asking about the interview result, otherwise you do not get an offer quickly.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

The interview was over skype and lasted about 30 minutes. Nothing about it was particularly difficult; mostly asked about previous research experience, academic awards, etc... The only thing that really bothered me, though, was that they said that they would get back to me in a week and it took an entire month.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about "x" on your resume?   1 Answer

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through email. Recommend checking the website jobs.cam.ac.uk. Got back to me for an interview a 7-10 days post the submission deadline. Interview was then 14 days after.

Panel of interviewers. Questions ranged from detailed questions about the post, specifics on my CV, what I would do in different scenarios with demanding clients, ability to reply quickly to emails, and future goals.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of the job posting do you think you will struggle with? What aspects will you excel at.   Answer Question

Medical Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

2 x 45 min scientific interviews. No questions on personal statement. Usually 2-3 fellows per interview asking difficult questions that you need to work out. They will prompt you if you get stuck.

Interview Questions

• Questions on post-A level topics that required original thinking particularly cell structure, physiology.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I have applied to a call for a position of research assistant and approximately 4 weeks later the university contacted me to schedule the interview. The interview involved a 20 minute talk (+5 minutes for questions) where I was required to present the research performed during my PhD studies and meetings with PIs.

Interview Questions

• I only got questions related to my presentation and some of them were technical but rather easy to answer.   Answer Question

Casual Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in October 2017.

Interview

It has been really easy interview due to I have not been engaged in any hard questions about my skills. I talked with the manager about my experience in hospitality industry and than, he left me the paper to fill them uo for the payment record.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England).

Interview

I applied online, using the University's own online system. I was required to ask three different people to send my prospective group reference letters on my behalf. This was done by email. Got an email confirming that my application was received. After a few weeks, I was notified, also by email, that they would like to invite me for a personal interview in Cambridge (they covered the costs with travel and accommodation for one night). After one week, I received the job offer.

The interview took just over an hour, and it was not easy in general (the interviewers were absolutely polite, but the questions were tough). I consider it to have been a fair interview.

Interview Questions

• They sent me papers I needed to read in preparation for the interview, and asked me many questions about them. This was to assess my competence and experience in the field. Then, they asked many technical questions related to the methodologies and tools that would be used in the work to be carried out. Some questions of general nature were also asked, such as "Why do you want to leave your current place and came work here?".   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Interview

Emailed CV and cover letter, then telephone interview, then face to face interview, then online application, then industry sponsoring partner application review, then department application review, then college application review and finally degree committee application review followed by an offer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in July 2017.

Interview

Thorough, in-depth, very specific, focused, versatile panel with diverse expertise, non-overlapping questions. Three rounds of interview. The panels were very well prepared and very well organized. They made the best use of every single moment (which I really appreciated because I am very pro-efficiency). I like challenging questions; don't care much if I know the answer. I was adequately challenged and that is the reason why I finally accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Very specific problems to solve; it was very relevant, and complex but I was given 3 mins of quiet time to think about the problem and take notes.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.