University of Cambridge Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 231 of over 231 interviews

In Person7%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

University of Cambridge

Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

One online interview with the panel. One interview onsite meeting the group member and PI. Offered on the same day, but the official offer took more than a month to be processed.

Interview Questions
  • What was the efficiency of the device?
    Answer Question

University of Cambridge

Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

The secretary of the research group emailed me. and arranged an online interview.It was the team leader of the research group who interviewed me. It took around 30 mins. Questions are mostly technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • What land use and transport modelling experience do you have?

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England)

Interview

Had a really positive experience, the two people that interviewed me were really nice. The interview lasted 45 minutes to 1 hour and a range of questions were asked. I was very nervous at the start but then by the end felt more confident. Was also given a tour of where I would be working if I got the job.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your role at _ and how you can bring what you learned into this role

University of Cambridge

Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

Very smooth, questions were centered around my experience in doing certain tasks. Did not get the job but was a positive and smooth experience. The panel consisted of two people, one of them the PI and were both friendly and explained the position well and answered my questions at the end well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Cambridge

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

Formal setting but interviews make you feel at ease. Standard interview questions with some scenario-based questions. Basic computer literacy test which involved writing and e-mail, prioritising actions and writing a notice.

Interview Questions
  • Standard competency questions with some scenario-based questions relevant to the role.

University of Cambridge

Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

Day One: Written Test involving answering an unseen philosophical essay question in a short period of time. Overnight accommodation provided at Peterhouse College. Day Two: Oral Interview with a member of the college subject faculty.

Interview Questions
  • Asked largely about items included on my personal statement. Thus, they asked a lot about Wittgenstein's philosophy of language.

University of Cambridge

Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

Clear job description on a dedicated web site, application on the same web site, invited to interview by e-mail, interview in person, only one step interview, smooth process. Chances to ask questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Cambridge

Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

Asked to give 5 minute presentation on a research project I have completed. A few (difficult) questions about my project followed by a few more general questions about the course, my interests, and why I thought I would be a suitable candidate. Apparently all candidates were asked the same set of general questions to ensure a level playing field

Interview Questions
  • What do you think is the most important research question we should be asking with regards to cancer biology

University of Cambridge

Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

Pre interview task followed by panel interview Pre interview task consisted of responding to email from prospective students as well as other general administrative tasks that would likely be carried out in the role Panel interview was then conducted with 3 of the members of the department

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Cambridge

Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

Two interviews, lasting 20min each. Friendly interviewers and encouraging atmosphere, I was nervous at first but less so towards the end. Can't remember other details because it was quite a few years ago

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a recent paper/piece of research you read about
Viewing 1 - 10 of 231 Interviews