University of Cambridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Interview Questions

Updated 20 May 2018

3.1

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through email. Recommend checking the website jobs.cam.ac.uk. Got back to me for an interview a 7-10 days post the submission deadline. Interview was then 14 days after.

Panel of interviewers. Questions ranged from detailed questions about the post, specifics on my CV, what I would do in different scenarios with demanding clients, ability to reply quickly to emails, and future goals.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of the job posting do you think you will struggle with? What aspects will you excel at.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

The interview was over skype and lasted about 30 minutes. Nothing about it was particularly difficult; mostly asked about previous research experience, academic awards, etc... The only thing that really bothered me, though, was that they said that they would get back to me in a week and it took an entire month.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about "x" on your resume?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It took them months to respond, then expect you to be prepared the next day. Interview done via telephone. Simple questions. It is your duty to keep asking about the interview result, otherwise you do not get an offer quickly.

MRes+PhD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Japan, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Japan, MO (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 staffs in 2 sections each lasted about 20 minutes via Skype. Very fast-paced about 30 basic questions during undergrad. Friendly regardless, was asked different topics when unable to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research project in your undergrad final year. What is your motivation applying for this course.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Girton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Girton, England) in July 2015.

Interview

I was asked to attend an interview, I was met by the department head, assistant department head and head of HR. I was taken through an explanation of my CV and then on to a selection of possible scenarios I might encounter and how I would approach them, once the interview was over I was notified of having obtained the position within 5 days.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the redevelopment of an existing website, and what specific challenges do you think you may encounter in doing so?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed, the offer was substantially higher than I was looking for anyway.

Medical Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

2 x 45 min scientific interviews. No questions on personal statement. Usually 2-3 fellows per interview asking difficult questions that you need to work out. They will prompt you if you get stuck.

Interview Questions

• Questions on post-A level topics that required original thinking particularly cell structure, physiology.   1 Answer

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Responded to advert. Three interviewers on the panel each with 5 questions. Mixture of subject specific knowledge and general competencies. Took about an hour in total. They called the next day to make an offer but started at the bottom of the SRA pay grade so had to negotiate pretty hard to get them close towards the top - bit unessecary really as it was grant funding and there were clearly funds to cover the appointment.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in August 2016.

Interview

The HR sent me an email asking to solve a specific problem. My solution was fine and I got the technical interview. Friendly environment and interview. During the interview we talked about my previous jobs and technical skills. We discussed the solution to a problem they asked me to solve.

Interview Questions

• Software design for external services   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in January 2016.

Interview

The process took two weeks. There are two interviewers. They were friendly generally. And they dress casually but interviewees may be supposed to wear suits. The interview was not long. They would ask more about the research you have done and will be doing.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not hard if you are well prepared. Like why this Mphil program? What do you know about the field?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in December 2012.

Interview

Having applied with by personal statement and my exam marks, I was interviewed by director of studies at the college i applied to. The process was quite straight forward from there.

Interview Questions

• Why Economics? Questions about my personal statement, about game thoery and some maths problems   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.