University of Cambridge Interview Questions

Updated 3 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at University of Cambridge

In Person7%
HardAverageEasy
Found 188 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

They asked for a presentation about your past works for about 5-10 minutes to a panel of three persons. Then, they asked about your presentations before testing your knowledge about the project. Then, they will ask more about your CV (experience). The overall interview only lasts for 30 minutes. Got the interview in the morning, heard the result in the evening.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about (the research topic)? How would you design/conduct (the main tasks of the project)?
    Answer Question
University of Cambridge
Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

In this interview they asked me about my thesis as well as my research interests. Apart from that they asked me about a situation in the past that was stressful and they tested to see whether I would be capable on handling the immense workload of the course.

Interview Questions
University of Cambridge
Application

Interview

I had a 30 minutes interview with my current supervisor. The interview was very informal, they asked some questions about myself and then they asked me to talk about a specific project. I had to prepare a 20 minutes presentation

Interview Questions
University of Cambridge
Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England, England)

Interview

Brief. It was suggested that I consider the PhD position based on my previous research work carried out on a placement. I initially wasn't keen because doing a PhD was a long commitment but upon finding more out, curiosity got the better of me.

Interview Questions
  • Interests, expectations, perceptions of research duties
University of Cambridge
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in Mar 2021

Interview

The interview lasted ~40 minutes - it was comprised mostly of competency based questions (demonstration of skills etc.) with some questions about one's interest in the role and previous experience in research. Interview was with a panel of 4 interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Demonstrate some examples of your ability to (work in a team/communicate/achieve results/innovate).
University of Cambridge
Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

I was asked what my freiend described me as by the Hr. For the rest it was OK. My language skills excelled and I think that’s helpful. Finally they asked me some technical questions like solving quadratic polynomials

Interview Questions
University of Cambridge
Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

Asked about my undergrad experience, previous work experience, and then many academic questions relating to my proposed research. Friendly interviewers and they made me feel comfortable even online. I interviewed from abroad with a significant time difference, and they took this into account when scheduling.

Interview Questions
  • What was your favorite element of your undergraduate course?
University of Cambridge
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

Colloquio sostenuto tramite zoom. La durata è stata di circa 30 minuti ed erano presenti il docente responsabile del progetto di ricerca, un post-doc e un membro delle risorse umane.

Interview Questions
  • - Perché sei interessato a questa posizione? - Come le tue esperienze possono essere utili in questo progetto? - Alcune domande tecniche sul. progetto
University of Cambridge
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge

Interview

It was a very good experience and the questions were challenging. They were very interesting though and I was able to showcase my problem solving skills It was a very good experience and the questions were challenging. They were very interesting though and I was able to showcase my problem solving skills

Interview Questions
University of Cambridge
Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (London, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

I got interviewed by two panels, one comprising of my prospective PI and a junior faculty. The other panel comprised of the program director and an admin person. They asked technical and general questions. Overall the experience was great, very light and pretty much informal.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 188 Interviews

Popular Careers with University of Cambridge Job Seekers